Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Jester's Challenge #238

Welcome to Jester's Challenge, an interactive history lesson.

It is my hope that this series will provide us with much entertainment, knowledge, and friendship, through the active participation of as many people as possible. Please tell us what you know of this coin, or anything related to it. Thank you all!

Here's selection number 238:

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is not really a horde coin but is exceedingly common in unc and higher
    circ grades. It appears in some 75,000 mint sets and was brought back to this
    country by many tourists. Gems are also common.

Apparently the coin was recently replaces in circulation and melted.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Bahama quarter and nice coin image
    Looking for tobacco cards (T206, etc), 1960 Topps cards, autographs, dvds, coins, plus more
  • Options
    WOWWWWW, Mike!!!? What I see...looks like you "have turned" into shipcoins, too image If it is really so, I'm very glad--it will fantastic reinforsment to that interesting theme collecting...

Nice to realize, that you could have some good influence on other people....imageimageimage

GREAT details on that "Bahaminian Sloop", BTW...I can see all the crew, thing I never paid attention at my two (with and without Queen) quarters...image
    N. N.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, folks! I like this sloop, and the coin displays a lot of mint luster. I found it in a bulk lot.

Nick, thanks for the kind remarks. I'm not sure I'm "turning" to ship coins exactly, but I do find ships a thing of beauty. Apparantly, ships lend themselves rather well to being depicted on coins.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22