Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Paypal Email Spoof

Dear chinesecoinguy@hotmail.com,

This email confirms that you have paid sales@link-to-us.com (sales@link-to-us.com) $134.52 USD using PayPal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Details

Amount: $134.52 USD

Transaction ID: 0LY53629K98359229

Quantity: 1

Item/Product Name: Gameboy Advance Console in Orange with Afterburner Kit (Backlit) Installed

Item/Product Number: LS3

Buyer: chinesecoinguy@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Information

Business: sales@link-to-us.com

If you have not made this payment please click the link bellow, then fill in the correct information to verify your identity.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have not made this payment please click the link bellow, then fill in the correct information to verify your identity.

Click here to verify your account and cancel payment

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP120

*************************************************************************************

Anyone else got this? It sounds like a bunch of kids are doing this since the word below is spelled wrong...
Corrupting youth since 2004

Comments

• Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Probably fake. If you want to know for sure go to the paypal website and sign in there. Then check your account transaction history to see if that one is there. If it isn't then it's fake. If it is and you didn't make that payment then you should be able to take care of the problem from there. But I wouldn't click on the link in the e-mail.
  • Options
    The link for the supposed seller is genuine, so I would immediately follow conder101's advice about checking your account directly, not through the link in the message. You should also forward the message, header and all, to spoof@paypal.com. You may be involved in a double scam, where they have somehow hacked into your account and want verification of their success.imageimageimage
    Roy

• Options
    I already sent this message off to Paypal about this message. The first thing that I checked was my paypal account and it showed no such transaction so I was safe.

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

HG
  • Options
    Wow, I just got the same email sent to me again.