Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Come and vote in the first Metal Detecting Forum Awards polls!

See the link in my sig line. image

(Please don't vote for my entries unless you think they are deserving. I didn't vote for any of my own finds.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I no longer metal detect, but I went ahead and voted!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Been there, Done that image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Dead Kings don't metal detect??? What happened??? image Can I have your detector? image

I voted. I love the finds.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye Olde Dead King's metal detector went belly-up on 'im. image

A pity, too, since Ye Olde Dead King was a respectable detectorist in his day! image

Bet if I got 'im over in the British Isles, he'd be clamoring for a new machine!

Thank you all for voting. I hope it wasn't some of you who have elevated my 1890 Indian cent to its current undeserved leader status in the Coin category. It doesn't deserve to beat IHM's 1888 Seated dime, IMO. But it does deserve to be a close contender, since it's such a nice Indian.

Be sure and keep an eye on the future competitions- I have a feeling August will be more interesting yet. Some of our newbie detectorists are just getting acclimated and one is sweeping the Relic category. We only started the competition on July 10, so August will be our first full month. Hopefully next month's polls will have some really interesting entries! I'm sure they will.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.