Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is there starting to be tons of fakes all over ebay. I mean more than before. That is a neat item for $10 but anyone paying that money is trying to ruin someone haha.
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    How could that card have corners so severely rounded yet the surface look like that of a PSA 8?

REPRINT is right. Counterfeit is more like it.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I see this loser revised his description and added

"due to this cards scarcity I am selling it as a reprint.

the high bidder (eyeroll) had made the bid prior to its inclusion.

loser
    Good for you.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    and YES Ebay has become a cesspool of scam artists
    Good for you.
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    The beauty of concealing the bidders is that the scammer can get any of his buddies to bid this thing up, creating a perception for the sucker that there are people out there who think this is real. And, my gosh, maybe it is - geez a half million dollar card for $157.97. I oughta jump in on this - I'd hate myself if I passed it up....This ploy has worked for centuries - no reason to think scammers wouldn't dreg it up in this day and age.

....ebay has unwittingly perpetuated the "fool and his money are soon departed" scam....
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    If you think cards on ebay are bad, try jewelry (tiffany, rolex, etc.). Counterfeits abound.

Ebay is the wild west now....even buyers are getting in on the act of scamming others more and more.

I hope a sports card specific site is developed that challenges ebay for traffic. I think an industry specific auction site could better police itself against scam artists and it would probably attract a better class of buyer (collectors vs. people looking to score valuables - any valuables).

A beckett marketplace dealer said he was scammed a lot less once he switched over to there from ebay, but, of course, that isn't an auction site.