Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I see the National brought out some old wax packs!

I was checking out bbcexchange.com....some nice wax packs he brought back from the National Convention. A little high in price though. Any one else here collect super old packs???
This is my wax pack site....Click here

Comments

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I dabble in vintage wax, mostly football. It's great to see wax collecting come into its own. There's another pack collector on the boards, I can't seem to remember his name though... oh yeah, it's PackCollector.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    i was tempted by some of the 72 packs. i thought some of the earlier packs were a little high but you have to expect to pay a little more when your dealing with a company that has an impeccable reputation.
    71 topps bb packs were conspicuosly absent, i'm wondering if someone beat me to them. i'm DYING to rip some of those babies!

believe it or not steve had the packs before the national but i think he brought them to be graded.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a run of nickel wax back to 1960 along with some cellos and racks throughout the years. They had some awesome packs. I was seriously considering buying the 1957 nickel pack until I saw that a 5.5 grade gets you a pack with a major chunk out of one corner.

The most amazing pack I saw at the national was Mark Murphy's 1954 cello pack with Al Kaline's RC on top!
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    I've been reshuffling my card collection over the past few years to slowly focus more on vintage unopened wax (esp '50's). But only packs graded 8 or higher (I just can't get excited about 5's or 6's).

There are still alot of bargains out there there. '54 Bowman football, '59 Topps football cello, '59 Topps baseball cello, various penny packs.

I'm still drooling over the '57/58 basketball packs at Mastro...mmmmmmmm.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a '61 Pack at the National to finish my 60's run- everything from the '50's was pretty high priced, and with the exception of a couple of packs at Piedmonts table I didn't see many selling, at least by the time I left midday Saturday.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's