Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

For a goof, I had some cards crossed to GAI-RESULTS

SGC 88 1982 LT RC= GAI 8
SGC 88 1979 Ozzie Newsome RC= GAI 7.5 (1st Graded)
SGC 96 1982 Munoz RC= GAI 9
SGC 92 1984 Marino RC= GAI 8.5
BVG!! 8 1978 Dorsett RC= GAI 8!!WOW Not Trimmed....

Now for help, would you have them crossed? I'm torn.. I sent them, so I guess I'll cross them.. It was mainly for a experiment.. Tell me what you'd do.. Thanks Guys

Chad

Comments

• EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Now for help, would you have them crossed? I'm torn.. I sent them, so I guess I'll cross them..

I'm confused. From your post, I thought those were the cross-over results which shows that both company are pretty much on it. Is that the cross over grade you want or hope for? I'd take the Marino and Dorsett in the GAI holder/grade.
  • A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I personally have lost a lot of faith in GAi after talking to one of the graders at National, especially from watching them grade but not measuring every single card, as well as noticing a few trimmed cards in GAI holders throughout the show.

I would prefer cards in SGC holders over GAI, however, I'll take PSA over all of them. But that's just me.
  • z2345z2345 Posts: 92
    Unless you are working on gai sets, you should only cross the bvg card.

• I'm sorry, I used the pregrade service. You can choose the cards you want in GAI holders. It cost $5.00 to review the card and another $3.00 if you want it in a GAI holder..
  • Dont knock them, SGC does a good job despite being understaffed. The holder is far superior to PSA's.
    In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>BVG!! 8 1978 Dorsett RC= GAI 8!!WOW Not Trimmed.... >>

Or
    Trimmed, but Not caught by GAI

imageimage
  • BKAH...... I checked it.. it was close!!!
  • ScumbiScumbi Posts: 268
    I sent a yellow toothpick to GAI and said it was a 1933 Goudey #53 Ruth. I was disappointed to receive a GAI 4.5. I thought I had a chance at a GAI 6.

If anyone has any strips of blue litmus paper, I'd like to submit them as full series of Blue Tint cards. Let me know.

S.
  • Does anyone know what registry sets GAI has already? The site says 50, but its not telling me what..
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Try again on a MONDAY
    Good for you.
    Does anyone know what registry sets GAI has already? The site says 50, but its not telling me what..

I'm still waiting for my password via email or a phone call so I can get into the registry site.
  • Me too!....I registered last Monday.

Dal
  • Would you guys try to cross over to PSA an SGC 92 Willie Mays Fleer 1963? I think this card would have a decent shot at a PSA 9 except for the right/left centering. So I guess the question is, would you take a PSA 8 Mays Fleer '63 over an SGC 92?
  • I'd take the PSA 8 in a heartbeat!!
  • HCSHCS Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Yes, as I only collect PSA cards. I would guess a PSA 8 would bring more dollars than an SGC 92.
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know what registry sets GAI has already? The site says 50, but its not telling me what..

I'm still waiting for my password via email or a phone call so I can get into the registry site....

Me too!....I registered last Monday. >>

here are 2 links that will give you
    both a lot to read, a lot to think about
    and a real good idea as to what a JOKE
    GAI really is... and why you do NOT need
    to send them any of you money!

READ these - all the way...
    Bad Experiences with GAI

GAI registry up and running on Monday May 10...... NOT

imageimage
    here are 2 links that will give you

That's old news and both are taken care of.
    The registry is up and running. You have to apply for their
    free membership in order to log in.
  • I must admit so far, maybe I have been lucky with GAI, but I have sent cards to PSA, BGS, SCG and GAI. My free submissions from PSA nearly took 3 months to get back, the second was a James rookie card I needed in a flash so I went for the next day service took almost 3 weeks, which was taken care of. BGS damaged a card and insisted they recieved it that way(like I am gonna send in a 87 Donruss with a crushed corner). SGC was great just a bit slow. GAI I sent in 10 cards for pre-grade, got 4 graded had the cards back 10 me a total of 13 business days after I sent them

• << <i>here are 2 links that will give you

both are taken care of. >>

both what?

I know that these threads are filled with
    people who had numerous repeated problems
    dealing with GAI and as far as I know that
    still exists.

so what are you talkingabout being
    "taken care of"?
    imageimage