Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Scans added to my Palmer master set

For those who are interested, I have added scans to all the cards in my Jim Palmer master set. Below are some other cards which you don't see every day (which aren't in PSA holders).

Edited to Add link to my master set.

Enjoy!

Robert

1966 OPC

1967 Dexter Press

1971 Milk Duds

1973 Topps Candy Lid Proof

1974 Topps Stamps (proof sheet)

1974 Topps Stamps (sheet)

1974 Topps Puzzle

1974 Topps Puzzle Wrapper/Bag

1980 Pepsi Proof
Looking for:
Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
High grade Redskins (pre 1980)

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Nice scans of some unique items Robert! Thanks for sharing them.
  • Great scans! It's great to see the player collections, especially from the Ryan, Palmer, Bench, Schmidt, etc. experts on these boards. Some of us each got a piece of the 1980 Pepsi pie, has anyone tried to grade? I only have the Foster now.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Great scans! I love to see the oddballs!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Robert,

Have you ever tried crossing the 1966 OPC SGC 92 to PSA? It looks like it would have a chance at a PSA 9. Either way, it is a beautiful card! If it were me, I would try a crossover and set a minimum grade at a PSA 9. You wouldn't lose anything but about $10 and, if it did cross, you could at it into your set.

P.S. Palmer is my idol. After I complete my 1971 Topps PSA 7+ set, I am going to put together a high grade Palmer Basic Set.

Good luck with the completion of your set,
    Mike
  • rbeatonrbeaton Posts: 631
    Mike,

I tried crossing over the 66 OPC with a min grade of 9, however, it didn't cross (most likely because of top/bottom centering). When you start working on your Palmer set, let me know as I have multiple copies of almost every card.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Robert,

Too bad that it didn't cross. Still a great card. You are probably right about the top to bottom centering being the issue. I will definitely let you know when I start my Palmer set. It will probably be late this year. I still need about 40 cards to complete my 1971 Topps set. I have enjoyed the challenge of the 1971 Topps set, but it will be a while before I try to tackle another 750 card set.

Mike