Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

another 72 KENDALL ?!?! 1972 topps psa 9, population boom?

it may just be an abberation, but i've seen three unique fred kendall's on ebay in as many weeks. it was once considered one of the truly tough cards in psa 8 or psa 9.
the one currently on ebay looks like it should have an o/c qualifier but the last 2 were VERY nice.

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Yup - it'll happen!

A year ago - the #409 Frank Baker was in the top 5 as far as tough cards go and I'm not sure if its in the top 20 anymore.

The disappointing thing is that the Kendall was for he longest time a 1/1 in PSA 9. And I was sort of hoping that it would STAY that way! image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I for one want more Kendall's to show upimage

I was going to bid on the first one, but it got too high for me. I bid early on the last one, and needless to say was left lying hopelessly in the dustimage

I just want one for my Padres collection, since he was one of my favorite Padres back in the '70'simage

I just can't believe what the last two went for ($213.50 and $274.99)imageimage

Steve
  • Options
    i had a feeling the 2nd kendall was going to go for more than the first. the winner of the second one (EO) wasn't nearly as aggressive on the first. my bid was woefully inadequate, but i'm going to pass on this one. however, i'm curious to see if someone pays big bucks for the holder.
    i'm waiting on a population burst for mcrae ia's . image
  • Options
    I got a Mcrae IA back from PSA (8) a few months back. I traded it to Joe Maggio for alot of cards I needed though. I have a supersharp Kendall I just sent in so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I didn't realize how tough the McRae was. I pulled it from a wax pack I bought on ebay. I shouldn't have traded it.
    Dwayne
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    MY GOD this thread is three years old...........................Dwanne, good luck on pulling a Kendall PSA8 or better..........these dogs don't fly very often........Gettng a Kendall or Expos team card in PSA 8 is almost impossible............I thank my lucky stars for being able to have them both...
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    I don't post often so I didn't notice how old this was. I can't figure out how to post a decent link either...oh well. The Kendall I sent is centered perfect. I hope the corners are good enough to make an 8 though.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 years and I'm STILL lookin' for a PSA 9 1972 Kendall (as well as a '74)imageimageimageimage

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>I got a Mcrae IA back from PSA (8) a few months back. I traded it to Joe Maggio for alot of cards I needed though. I have a supersharp Kendall I just sent in so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I didn't realize how tough the McRae was. I pulled it from a wax pack I bought on ebay. I shouldn't have traded it.
    Dwayne >>

I thought it was a pretty good trade for both of us, sorry you.re not happy about it now. I think I gave around $250 in trade for the McRae IA. I was able to make a similar trade for a PSA 8 Foli IA the same week. The McRae was centered better than the Foli IA I got. I picked up a nicer Foli IA and sent the other off to Arny.
  • Options
    I'll get another one eventually (#292) so no sweat. I got 2 #94,s my fingers are crossed on that were just submitted. I've been pretty lucky latley.
    Dwayne