Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS Return Times

Okay, when I sent in my four freebies for being a gold club member, PCGS posted my grades on thisweb site at exactly the advertised 21 workings days. My second order of seven coins (deducting for the July4 holiday) has been with them for 20 working days (not counting the receipt day) on a 15 day order. Is this typical? Are they that backed up? Will I really get 5-7 freebie 15 day gradings (that apparently also will take 20 or more days)? Stay tuned.
Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

Comments

• Options
    Well, it depends on how many big coin shows they have to go to. Those days do not count in the submission times.
    These are the shows where PCGS grades the coins at the show for you.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    My latest World economy submission has been in Newport Prison since 6/3/2004. Last year a similar lot took 126 total days.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    That's why I have lately been sending all my non-Canadian world coins to NGC -- in and out in 21 days or less for economy, and no complaints about grading. image