Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1955/1956 signed Chicago White Sox baseball

Hi,

My father finally gave me his prized possession - a 1955 baseball in nearly perfect condition signed by the 1955 or 1956 White Sox (Marty Marion is the Manager - whose signature is on the ball). The ball is auto'd by Nellie Fox, Billy Pierce, Jim Rivera, Walt Dropo, Ron Jackson, George Kell, and many other - probably 25 in total. Does anyone have the slightest clue as to its value?

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Cool item. I have no idea what the value is, but Mastronet.com has probably sold similar items. Perhaps you could look in their database and see what shows up.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    anyone else?

Greg M
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Only finished third that year - and only two second-tier HOFers on the ball. Depends on the number of signatures, quality, etc. If I had to guess, I would say between $200 and $500. Some of the autographs look a little faded or bleached with sun due to time. The label on the ball is not that strong either. I would guess towards the lower end of the scale. It seems like it probably has more sentimental value than anything else.

Some vintage team balls get nice premiums if the ball conditions and signatures are all 10 in quality - which yours is not. Still a very nice ball.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.