Home Sports Talk
Options

Bowa needs to go now!!

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
This is garbage! The Marlins have killed us all year and now we are back out of first place. Larry can't beat
these guys, can his *ss now while we are still in it!

-Phils Fan

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just unfu**ingbelievable how the Phillies cannot beat the Marlins. But Bowa for sure will be there until the end of the year. He'll also be back next year unless the Phils totally collapse.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JS

Are you in to Fantasy Football? if so how about a fun little bet?

Lets pick a team after camp consisting of 1 Qb 2 RB 2 Wr...TDS only
    what do you think?.........You pick First and we will see who wins..Why not?
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    its really amazing how much the marlins own the phillies...i think its been 12 wins out of 13 games so far.

last year same thing, Bowa is a horrible manager, he has an amazing team that should be way above .500

the marlins always play well agsint the phillies though, this series might really energize them.

the way pierre and castillo have been playing lately, plus some pretty decent outings from the starters, we should destroy the braves.

i dont like the phillies much, but i truly hate the braves.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    ive been saying it all year long!! bowa is a bad manager!!
  • Options
    Is he gone yet? oh and while your at it, Andy Reid needs to go too....oh wait...no he doesn't, the rest of the
    NFC would like him to stay!

Thanks
    JS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy inherited an awful Eagles football team and turned it into a powerhouse that has been to three straight NFC championships. The Eagles are heavy favorites to be in the Super Bowl this season. Your boy Gruden is a good football coach. But he inherited an already good football team, tweaked it a little bit, and won a Super Bowl and he deserves credit for that. He also took a Super Bowl winning team which then wound up with a losing record the next year - not so impressive right? The Bucs certainly look like a team on the decline so we'll see how good of a coach Gruden really is. Players seem to "push him around" all the time. That also happened when he was the Eagles offensive coordinator. Those type of "wimpy" head coaches usually don't have long head coaching careers in the NFL. No player pushes Andy Reid around. Straight up, I'll take Andy Reid over Jon Gruden anytime.
  • Options
    joker73joker73 Posts: 497
    Joe's smoking crack as usual when it comes to getting rid of Reid, but ...

... I finally agree that Bowa has to go ASAP, end of story. Their only chance to salvage the season is in the next few weeks, and to go anywhere they just have to be able to beat the Marlins.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Players aren't playing with passion. Pitching sucks. Phillies are looking pitiful right now.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    This Cubs/Phils game is turning into a battle royale of blowing leads ...
  • Options
    Boy, I'm glad the Phillies are making so much noise before the trade deadline ... it's not like the Mets or Marlins are making any moves.

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    the marlins just traded for more power.

sent choi and penny to LA and got luca and encarnacion.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    yeah - just saw that - my comment was sarcastic (both teams made moves today, while the Phils sat on their hands) ...
  • Options
    The Phillies look like a joke right now; Marlins look like they made their usual mid-season good pickup; the Mets...well, give up tomorrow for a chance today.
  • Options
    Joe Kerington has to go not Bowa! He has no idea how to prepare a pitching staff!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Bowa is a horrible manager, he has an amazing team that should be way above .500

If Bowa goes, then so goes Ed Wade - possibly the worst GM in baseball. Phils pitchers do not go 5 innings, and middle relief is just as bad. I was out of town last week and come back to hearing Wade's comments on the trade deadline makes me wonder if this guy wants a winner or a team that is only going to fill the seats in the new stadium. He wouldn't trade Gavin Floyd because he "can be every bit as good as Brett Myers" (who sucks) and felt there was not a need to trade because he "likes the direction the team is going"

I guess the direction is down to 3rd place ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    It looks like the next series in San Diego will be a referendum on Bowa's continued tenure as Manager.

I kinda feel sorry for him because its the players on the field who look like they have given up; then again, it could be that Bowa has destroyed their confidence which is another theory I've heard discussed.

Whatever, times is wastin away so this decision will come very soon I think.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<This is garbage! The Marlins have killed us all year and now we are back out of first place. Larry can't beat
    these guys, can his *ss now while we are still in it!>>

Comrad, don't be so hard on Larry! After all wasn't he the star SS on the last Philly WS team in 1980? Oh my, 24 pitiful years since then. You guys need a leader like Jeter!
  • Options

<< <i>The Phillies look like a joke right now; Marlins look like they made their usual mid-season good pickup; the Mets...well, give up tomorrow for a chance today. >>

Give up tomorrow for today, and then promptly get swept out of the race.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options

<< <i>Bowa needs to go now!! >>

Looks like you may get your wish....but not soon enough IMHO!

Phils GM declines to endorse Bowa

Skip

I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    about time!

JS