Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What the heck are these older basketball inserts called?!

Hey guys.. Since I'm just getting back into the card collecting swing of things again.. I was thinking I would like to collect this insert set of basketball cards that I saw probably back in 1994? I believe they were upper deck.. They were diecut at the top.. rounded.. in the shape and had the background picture of a basketball floors key.. with the player of course pictured over it.. Anyone know what these cards were called? I just remember they really appealed to me and I couldn't afford them but I can now.

Comments

• 1994 Upper Deck SE All Stars and Future All Stars, i'll find you a pic in a minute

these??
  • Yeah image those are them! I can't believe I guessed the year right..

Thank you.. now to look for them on ebay..
  • 1993-94 UD SE, i did a search for "1993 Die Cut" and found several
  • ahh cool.. I was just going to post "damn can't find any"... They're so cheap now... which is why I dont collect current stuff.. it's so high priced with all the hype then in 5 years it's worthless.. Either way I like the cards and will make a set. Thanks again.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ahh cool.. I was just going to post "damn can't find any"... They're so cheap now... Either way I like the cards and will make a set. Thanks again. >>

i quit collecting in 1995, and since i started back last year, i've been able to buy some cool cards dirt cheap, that WERE considered "high end" back then.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Yeah.. That's about when I quit.. '95.. '96..
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I'm quitting tomorrow.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What the heck are these older basketball inserts called?! >>

InfluX
    When someone refers to the 1994 cards as Older - wow! That makes me feel very, very old...

I was thinking of collecting old denture teeth or somethin'...any body up for a whittling contest?
    Stone
    edit: I got shoes in my closet older than that!
    Mike

<< <i>I was thinking of collecting old denture teeth or somethin'...any body up for a whittling contest?
    Stone >>

i can whittle with the best of them..
    ·p_A·

<< <i>
    edit: I got shoes in my closet older than that!
    image >>

if you have some original Jordan's, they're worth some buck$.. =)
    ·p_A·
  • Haha image

Well when you look back at 1994 (14 then) and your 24, married, and moved out now etc.. etc.. it does seem like a long time ago! image