Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

T206 honus wagner on ebay, do you believe some people

check out this bogus auction, here`s LINK

or, maybe its the real thing, what do you think ?

thanks, lee

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like the fact that the front is partial dirty, while parts of the borders are bright white. The back is an even worse attempt. He probably wiped his ass with it. Also a crappy job with the scissors to make the corners look rounded. Wow! Reserve is met at $147. Come on....same dork we discussed earlier on another thread. Private feedback seller peddling off garbage.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That card is as real as my chance of getting a date with Heidi Klum this weekend.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I for the life of me can't understand how someone could even think that they would be getting a rare card for under 200.00
    i also can't believe this jerk would even mention that he has 2 of these cards
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>That card is as real as my chance of getting a date with Heidi Klum this weekend. >>

well at least she is divorced now, so your odds are that much better....image
  • Options
    check out the very last line in his description, "i`m going to sell this as a reprint"

and bid is at $147 for a reprint ??? or are those bids BS ???

how about his feedback rating ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

he`s fishing for a true idiot.

lee
  • Options
    his other items are all t206's
    plank
    cobb
    you get the picture.
    aloof
  • Options
    Here is a link to an Ebay discussion on the same card.

link
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    If you've ever noticed whenever som piece of scum lists a Wagner on ebay, the first thing they draw attention to is how bad shape it's in? The same guy will be running an auction for a PRO 10 Mantle, talking about pristine corners, centering, etc., then his Wagner auction will just say - "The card is dirty. Must be real!"
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Up for auction is a 1909 t206 Honus Wagner with the red Sweet Caporal Cigarettes back. The card has rounded corners and some staining on the bottom left corner. Card is being sold as is with no guarantees expressed or implied. All sales are final no refunds. Good luck

Good Luck? anyone that "wins" that is not having good luck that is for sure
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn I wish the auctions weren't private since after the sale, I would love to contact the winner since I have this really great swah....waterfront property for sale real, real cheap! It was left to me by my dear departed Grampa....

Mike
  • Options
    speederspeeder Posts: 819
    one time and one time only, my long lost uncle left me this card and i needs some money.

so here it is, you can tell its real because i put a picture of a reprint beside it.

reprint is on right, the wagner card on left.

wanna bet someone sends me a private message whos interested in buying !!

there both reprints, live and learn.

lee
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>there both reprints, live and learn. >>

Lee
    No fair for telling!!!! I was going to pick the one in the middle!!

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Okee dokee... another dumb lunkhead thinks he can swindle a lunkhead even lunkier than him... I sent this fine specimen of human intellect and ingenuity a "refreshing" email that should let him know the jig is up:

Sir... with all due respect, I wish to inform you that your card is not real... I say this 100% certainty based on one, single element of the card... the typography used for "Wagner, Pittsburg" is not of the vintage typeset manner used in the design of the original T206 set. It is a more modern sans serif typeface that, in fact, did not even exist in 1909. The original was set with a "plate" type that is quite vintage, yet still exists. Please revise your auction to clearly state that this card is a reprint, or I will have no choice but to notify eBay and the FBI of your fraudulent intentions.

Let's see if he bothers to respond.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    there both reprints, live and learn.

The reprint is a fake reprint.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    These seem to use pretty much the same formula:

"I'm not sure if it's authentic." (Forgetting that he bought the reprint last week, scratched off the word "reprint" on the reverse, rounded the corners, and rubbed it in dirt)

The seller's feedback is private.

The identity of bidders is private.

Essentially stating with the auction, "This may be worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, but I don't want to invest $10 to find out. Instead, pay me a C-note or so and I'll be happy."