Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Really lame attempt to steal eBay password

In today's email, how many scumbags populate this planet?

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the form that will pop up or else your account will be deleted.

After you will login please complete the form that will pop up in order to complete your registration.

Without completing that form your verification will not be completed

To update your eBay records click here:

https://arribada.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?UPdate
eBay Update team
http://www.eBay.com
Thank you

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
All Yaz Items 7+
Various Red Sox
Did I leave anything out?

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I get that exact lame email every other day. I did however input some ridiculous information. My Ebay ID: go****yourself.
    My password: ihopeugetcaught.
    Address: 69 Bendover Ave.
    Whatever I input, it took. After it was done, it just accepted it.
    I send about 10 spoof emails per week. It gets tiresome and I always get the same automated email from Ebay. I wonder if it even gets noticed since they get so much of the same crap.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the browser being used, you can just point the mouse arrow to the link (never click it) and you can see the proxy numbers used in front of all the "ebay" information. Ebay of course would never use a proxy. A computer user having the proxy numbers, gets all the information sent to his computer. Anything else that follows those numbers is total meaningless BS as far as transmittal of information to a computer using a proxy. These proxies with criminal intent almost always go to the hard-core scamming parts of our planet which are usually located in Russia, other former Soviet Union countries, or other countries such as Nigeria.
  • Options
    Here we are in July, 2004 and people are stilling getting scam emails. It must be so embarrassing for Ebay and Paypal.

I get the same emails from "Citibank". Please update your information. I don't even have a citibank account!

It's so simple, but never click on those kinds of links in emails. You hope people have common sense.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Here we are in July, 2004 and people are stilling getting scam emails. >>

I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting more and more of these every day. PayPal needs my "info", Ebay needs my "info", Chase needs my "info" (for the credit card account I apparently have not opened with them yet, but it needs updating). They actually get more sophisticated looking each time, not to where I would fall for one, but I could see many people doing so.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I get them all the time, eBay, Paypal, Citibank etc... I always foward the email to ebay spoof@ebay.com and to paypal spoof@paypal.com It takes me just a second or two and let eBay & paypal get swamped and perhaps they can help prosecute the scum that are intent of bilking us. After all their credibility is at stake, cause if anyone gets shafted, they will probably not deal w/ eBay or Paypal again...jay