Home Stamps Forum
Options

African Owl (updated with more owls)

Stamps are miniature works of an ever-changing art.
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    cool stamp!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this doesn't look anything like the World Coin Forum! image

I just mis-clicked and ended up here on the stamp forum by accident. image

Very cool stamp. I collect owls, as a matter of fact.

I wouldn't mind having one of those.

I have a plate block of U.S. owl stamps (I put them in a little frame with owls, of course), and the frame sits on the shelf with all the other owls in the collection. The collection is mostly figurines, but there are some stamps and coins and plates and other stuff with owls. I inherited the collection from my grandmother and have sort of kept adding on to it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Your grandmother"s collection, dude that's so sweet. Nice hat btw. image

Edited to add. I like coins and stamps with dragons, if you run across any of those at a resonable cost let me know.
    U.S. coins I collect the state quarters, and Walkers, and any toner that catches my eye.
  • Options
    Lord...good to see you on the Board. I know you have an eye for good stuff...keep having fun. 'Boots...check out this Toner...

NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • Options
    Thanks that's a beauty. The cancel matches the stamp too. image
  • Options

GQ,

Fine post. That's a great looking stamp.image
    imageimage
  • Options

Namibia 1998 Owl N$ 1,90 stamp (ex a 5 stamp Booklet) was awarded the coveted title of most beautiful stamp in the world for 1998. The competition was organized by a French Philatelic Magazine, and Postal Administrations from around the World voted.

To commemorate this achievement, Namibia issued a Special Miniature Sheet incorporating the above N$ 1,90 Owl Stamp

imageimage