Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Slow submission time...

I sent in invoice 9027055. Man, it seems like it's taking forever.... and it's only been there two days so far...

David

Comments

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I know what you mean. I am going nuts wainting for 2 orders that have been in sealing since early last week. Still in sealing today. My 22-D is in this group... let it loose!
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Sealing... so they've graded them but havent holdered them yet?

David
  • Options
    I can beat that, I've got a submission back today that was sent out April 13th. Guess I should send submission in the the 13th of any month.
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just check on two orders that I submitted. The forecast is 51 days. WOW.... I first thought, boy that's a long wait. Then, I started to thinking, what would it take for PCGS to speed up the process? As with any business, there must be tradeoffs. Well, to speed up the process, the two most common ways would be to grade faster or hire more people (and raise operating cost). About two months from now, I will have coins at a desirable grading cost and a fair evaluation. I like to think PCGS really do take the time to grade all coins very accurately (as possible as that can be). Even if it takes longer than I like, I willing to wait for a fair and economic grading process.... PCGS... keep up the good work. Anyone agree or disagree?
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    "Anyone agree or disagree?"

I basically agree. I'm thinking though that hiring an additional grader might be a good investment on PCGS's part. If they could turn around economy level gradings faster they might get more business and that might pay for the extra grader and then some.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree,but it seems like there having a hard time finding graders that meet there critera,
    do you want your coins coming back 1 point off,or 5 to 10image.It's worth the wait to me.
    Al
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with Carl.

I sent some common Morgans to ANACS recently because

1) I knew some were cleaned & knew I wouldn't blow away the grading fee's
    2) They were running a 10 coins/10 day turn-around/$10 a coin special.

Compare that to BB without a refund or partial refund & $16 (or more) and 2-3 MONTHS...

Granted PCGS is (perceived) more concervative than ANACS & will probably sell for a bit more.

To those that say PCGS can't find graders competent enough to 'cut the mustard', well I find that really hard to believe.
    I would say that the graders they have now don't always grade correctly....it would be interesting to know how many coins are sent for regrading that do move up (or down) a grade or two!
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Just got my grades in.....Link]http://www.pcgs.com/do_order.chtml?requesttimeout=99999&orderno=3107992[/L]
    Check out the turn-around time!image
    Actually, I think this was just a fluke because I usually have a Modern batch batch in 6 weeks or so.
    Most grades were as expected....some were "ONLY 1 POINT AWAY" from being really nice scores!image
    I just wish ONE of those "ONLY 1 PONT AWAY" coins had gone my way!

I am sure WE ALL probably feel that way about our results.imagesooner or later.

PCGS is grading pretty tough, but they always have....and that's why they bring good money.
    A three month wait is what ANACS told me on the Ike batch I gave them at the Clearwater show.
    I'm in no hurry...this is only my hobby, not my living....but I can understand others that make a living
    on coins might feel differently.image

PCGS is kind of like the rides at Disney World......If you go when things are busy (tourist season or a nice
    sunny weekendimage) then, one can expect to wait a while in the lines for the rides.....If you go in the middle
    of the week (non-tourist season, cloudy day) then you can just walk to the front of most every ride and
    multiple times in no time at all!
    PCGS has been bombarded with submissions in the past year...They are in the middle of "Peak Tourist Season"
    and the sun is shining brightly!.....Frankly, I don't see how they do it!image

Gandyjai
  • Options
    Come on september!!! image
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Arrg, been in verification for 3 days now... you know what that means... downgrade image
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my grade... let's say it was worth the $50 grading fee... and the wait!

David
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Wow, cool! Good job David!

Boy, yet another of my best coins' pop goes up! First the ms68 97-p pennies... then the 59-d and 64-p nickels... now the 19-s cent!