Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Anybody have this book?? Look.

With all the talk lately about the great american card flipping book, i thought i'd see if anyone has this one. I picked it up off of ebay. Looks like some great pics and good reading. Just wondering if anyone already has it.

Chris

Book

Comments

• magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Chris, I bought it off Amazon a couple months ago because of a thread on here, Very nice book, it sure brought back a lot of memories plus imparted much new knowledge. The pics are great too,

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I own the best book out there...."Baseball cards of the Fifties" It has a picture (front only) of every Topps and Bowman Baseball card made from 1950-1959, if anyone is interested I can list the isbn # here and the author.
  • I've got the one of every card from the '60's. Great pics, but not much reading.
  • just last night i was on amazon looking for a book on old (1880`s thru 1930) prewar cards.

that would show all the sets and examples of the cards themselves.

most were out of print, but a couple that i saw were like $190.00 !!!!!

i could not believe it !

i guess its the old law of supply and demand.

lee

• There is a similar sized book of all Topps cards through the late 80's (its when it came out). Both of these books are great references to see what certain cards look like.
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I've got the Topps book of all Red Sox cards, it was a giveaway in affiliation with some company around 1989 (Slice?). The pics are great and show all Red Sox Topps cards from '52 though 1988. There is a book for each team.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I've had "Classic Baseball Cards" for several years. I look at it at least once a month and it's awesome to look at all those cardsimage

Steve
    Guy's,
    I will list the info for the book I was talking about earlier....."Baseball cards of the Fifties"
    complete Topps cards
    1950-1959
    Frank Slocum.......isbn # 0-671-89224-x

This book is great for the pics but very little reading as someone posted earlier, but you really can get lost for hours just thumbing through it and enjoying the card pic's.

crsports, would you mind listing the info for the 60's version.
    Thanks

• Just so you know, there is another copy of the same book that I linked. I think it has a few days left. Search under books and baseball cards. Just a heads up.

Chris
    Thanks Chris,
    I will check it out.
  • AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Thos "tiny" books? You want a book with pictures of Card you only need to look here:

40 years of cards from 1951 to 1990
    Aknot,
    Does that book have the Bowman issues?

<< <i>Aknot,
    Does that book have the Bowman issues? >>

It does not appear to have them... give me a year (I know very little about baseball cards...)

<< <i>Aknot,
    Does that book have the Bowman issues? >>

No it does not. I have the complete 50's and complete 60s that does.
  • jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Yes, it has Bowman issues. it's been out for a long time. I got it on a discount rack several years ago. It's a great reference book!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Classic Baseball Cards" has pretty much everything except Topps, since Topps published their own book.

Steve