Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another ebay scam..where is the border?

I have been collecting '55 topps for a decade, never saw such a small border on a card must be 3/8 off? What does it look like to you guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60483&item=5112568543&rd=1

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    link

One of the worst pieces of butchery I have seen.
  • Options

<< <i>link

One of the worst pieces of butchery I have seen. >>

Thanks for agreeing, I have bought enough trimmed GEM stuff for a nice "Yule tide GEM 10" fire during the holidays. If anyone wants to attend Pm me. Also, I have sharpened my eyes to these frauds, and enjoy pointing them out. However, this one just insults my inteeligence.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Pulled from his auction description:

All sales are final.
    Ungraded cards sold 'as-is', bid accordingly.

Anyone who bids on this card thinking its real has had a lobotomy with more matter removed from their skulls than this card had trimmed off.
  • Options
    Why anyone would take a Koufax rookie that's a nice respectable 4 or 5 and slice it up like that is beyond me. He could have got it graded and sold it for for $200 or $300. But instead he thinks by trimming it so much that the rounded corners are gone, someone will pay NM for it.

Actually, the real bad boy may be several auctions removed from this guy. He may have bought it from a guy who bought from a guy ... And each one discovered their mistake, banged their head against the desk, then thought... "OK, how can I get some of my money back?" That's certainly how the PROs and GEMs stay in circulation.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Why anyone would take a Koufax rookie that's a nice respectable 4 or 5 and slice it up like that is beyond me. He could have got it graded and sold it for for $200 or $300. But instead he thinks by trimming it so much that the rounded corners are gone, someone will pay NM for it.

Maybe it was in a Pro holder and he decided to crack it out to see if worthy of submitting to someone else and found out the truth. What an ugly specimen.
  • Options
    rw2winrw2win Posts: 557
    I asked him if it was trimmed:

<< <i>No I don't think it has been trimmed. My cards are from my deceased great uncle's store (we are liquidating merchandise). Thanks >>

ah, the deceased great uncle thing...
  • Options
    Dont't think it is better than the "husband had heart attack" sale I see very often! I thought about doing that one, but my ebay ID is clearly a guys name...image
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    this **** will never end
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    You're in Massachusetts. You could have a deceased husband.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    ha ha ha
    aloof
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Pardon my language but I am so fed up with these f*$%king scumbags. Is there no decency left?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have bought enough trimmed GEM stuff for a nice "Yule tide GEM 10" fire during the holidays >>

Republican
    This is a real beauty - I will say. On a side note to your post, I received a full refund from Gem Grading for a trimmed card I bought from Kane04 in Jan04 - I supplied him with the invoice and card and he sent me a check for 71$ - had to wait about a month but it did come.
    Also, I do agree, the destruction to perfectly good ephemera in a fraudulent attempt to make a little extra dough is reprehensible!

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    I received a full refund from Gem Grading for a trimmed card I bought from Kane04 in Jan04

Jeremy Bachman and Gem go hand in hand. I wonder if Kane04 actually started Gem grading. Glad you got a refund....shame on you for buying that crap in the first place.
  • Options
    Oh what the hell...here's my 201 post.....Senior member baby!!!!
    Woohoo!!!! image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    on the cutting room floor?
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>shame on you for buying that crap in the first place. >>

I agree - it was spammed as psa - thought since a 10, he was talking about Gem like in gem mint. I read auctions closer now. I was a newbie and damn stupid!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>You're in Massachusetts. You could have a deceased husband.

Nick >>

Hey thanks for the confidence Nick! Bad enough with all these Democrats here for the convention, now I get you!!! L O L
  • Options

<< <i>I received a full refund from Gem Grading for a trimmed card I bought from Kane04 in Jan04

Jeremy Bachman and Gem go hand in hand. I wonder if Kane04 actually started Gem grading. Glad you got a refund....shame on you for buying that crap in the first place. >>

I got burned by kane04 as well on a trimmed dawson rookie.
  • Options
    Republic
    If you want me to respond to your inquiry, either give me an email address or turn on your PM.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>No I don't think it has been trimmed. My cards are from my deceased great uncle's store (we are liquidating merchandise). Thanks >>

I bet his uncle died from slicing off a thumb with an x-acto blade.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Two things:

That card did have a great picture. No snow.

There must be a rule at PRO to only grade things with 1/8 of an inch or under shaved.