Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Conder Token Question

This one is really cool and I want one. How much and where can I get one as nice as this one?

Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    e one you picture is an Anglesy D&H 250. If you want one of that variety and in that condition you are probably out of luck. That one is a pattern piece and there are probably less than a dozen in existance. Ones very similar dated 1788 (and without the W below the wreath) are much more common. High grade specimens should come along fairly often and even proofs from time to time. I'll send you a PM with the addresss of a couple of dealers who may be able to give you a hand on your quest. (Got to remember, these aren't like morgan dollars. You can't just pick up the phone, call up a major dealer and order one in the condition you want.) One of them had a couple half penny pieces similar to this on his July 4th list (1791 D&H 391) A mishandled proof (graded XF on british scale AU on US scale) for $35, and an Unc piece at $135. Don't know if they are still available.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and I eagerly await the PM.

P.S. Morgans YUK! image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I'll also send you a PM with a link or two Bill, but don't buy these dealers out please!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Gandalf token. Groovy!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks oh dead one. Buy them out?Moi?image

I think I'll start with this one

NEVERMIND it got sold outside of the site and dealer was not updated on it's status.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    What have I done?image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Buawhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Cosmic - I've bought several very nice tokens from them. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Very lovely indeed!!
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    So, when are you going to be adding Conders to your website Bill?

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Geez I only have one in hand so far with 2 more on the way. Maybe when I have 10 on them I'll add it in.image
    Bill

09/07/2006