Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Find myself facing a MAJOR quandry!!!

I'm at work, and I'm starving! I have a hunger for only what chocolate can provide! Luckily, a co-worker keeps a jar of candy on her desk. I went over and grabbed out one of those Palmer "Milk Chocolate Coins of all Nations" mesh bags of gold coins, as that was all she had. It apealed to me on another level besides a chocolate fix, since I collect coins.

ANYWAY....... I tear open the bag, only to discover that all but 1 of the coins is of the new EURO coin designs!!! They're WAY too attractive for me to tear apart to go after their chocolatey filling!! They even come with "bi-metal" or gold & copper-colored wrappers!!

So I ate the one old-style Spanish coin, but that only increased my need for chocolate!!

So NOW what do I do?image Do I take the advice of some folks over on the Lightside and "crack-out" some of them anyway? (by the way - - no duplicates). Do I just grin & bear it & wait till they let me out of my cage? (These days, conference calls are scheduled all hours of the day - - even thru LUNCH!!) image

Or do I just go "Postal" and threaten some co-workers until they come up with some non-Euro chocolates?

Comments

• Options
    Are they AU grade... or MS? Waaaiiittt!!!! Its CHOCOLATE!!!!! The value of those coins drops by the minute.

Send them to me... I will "preserve" them for you... (insert sinister laugh)
  • Options
    I'd go postalimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Obviously, the need for chocolate comes first!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    mmm chocolate
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the problem with chocolate coins, especially if they are good chocolate AND have nice designs. image

I ate a 1933 St. Gaudens, once.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I ate a 1933 St. Gaudens, once. image That LordM, he's so pithy...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but these aren't like slabbed coins that you can just crackout and "submit for grading".
    These are clad coins which are destroyed when their outer layers are peeled away. So go ahead and enjoy.image
    Tempus fugit.