Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I think I'll build up my feedback then offer up a World Series trophy on eBay...

... and list it under Soccer Cards so no one can find it. image

LINK

Comments

• Options
    And not add a photo, this way they can send you a cut out trophy from a magazine.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    And he/she opened an account only to wait a year and two months to buy/sell anything. Nice! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just emailed him this -

Hi,

Awesome auction. I am a huge collector. Would you take $95,000? If you will, I could Paypal within the week. Please email me a picture. Thanks.

Let's see if I get him to bite.

What an idiot!

Shane

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Oh Frank, he's at home licking his chops right now. Probably out putting a down payment on a new car. I can't believe someone would actually do this?

"Hi, I have 1 feedback, no pictures, an indescript title and an opening bid about 15x higher than the value of the item I am selling. Also, please don't mind my vague description either, I do have pictures upon request."
  • Options
    I just got a reply back. He said -

"I would be willing to accept $95,000. I can send phtotos to you tomorrow. Give me unitl mid to late am. Thank you for your inquiry."

What would be a good excuse?

Shane

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    He's going to send you a scan of a picture from a magazine.
    Tell him you had the $95K but decided to take all your forum buddies out on the town for booze and loose women.
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭

<< <i>I just got a reply back. He said -

"I would be willing to accept $95,000. I can send phtotos to you tomorrow. Give me unitl mid to late am. Thank you for your inquiry."

What would be a good excuse? >>

Tell him your mommy wouldnt let you have your allowance.
    Tell him you thought it was going to be a different color/size/shape.
    Tell him he is an idiot and that you just realized that.
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    Tell him someone offered to sell you the Atlanta/Toronto one for $80,000
  • Options
    Those are GREAT! Give me some more, and I'll pick which one to give him. He still hasn't sent a picture, and I ain't buyin' without a picture! image

Shane

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I would go with Jim's:

Tell him he is an idiot and that you just realized that.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Tell him that you are no longer interested in baseball - you now collect only WNBA trophies image

Brian
  • Options
    Tell him you just bought the T206 McNall/Gretzky Wagner PSA 8.
  • Options
    Try this one:

"Good news. I just got back from cleaning out my Grandpa's attic this morning. During the process, I found the World Series trophy that he got years ago, so I guess I won't be needing yours now. I may be interested in selling mine though, so let me know if you have any luck with your auction."

-Bob
    TradingCardCentral.com - THE resource for trading card collectors.

TradingCardCentral.com covers sports cards, non-sports cards and collectibles and features the latest industry news, articles, product reviews, forums, giveaways and a growing number of collector resources.
  • Options
    ScumbiScumbi Posts: 268
    God, you are all so pessimistic. I have Babe Ruths baby rattle, the Magna Carta, the original manuscript of Romeo and Juliet from Shakespeare and some really amazing moon rocks. I picked up all these items on Ebay from the same guy who had a very high feedback rating, over 50%. He sold his collection of swizel sticks from Reno hotels, but needed to raise a bit more cash to build a Disneyland in Hungary. We both benefited when he had to sell these unique items a long lost uncle willed him.

If any of you have Steven Spielberg's director's chair from Jaws, a window pane from Anne Frank's house, the Stanley Cup, the bones of Napoleon, Charles Lindberg's comb, the boxing gloves Ali wore during the Thriller from Manila or JFK suit from that sad day in Dallas, contact me. I pay with money orders and don't like to spring for insurance on the postage.

best,

S.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I pay with money orders and don't like to spring for insurance on the postage. >>

Scumbi

Break out your checkbook!
    I have the Ark of the Covenant, the Code of Hamarabi, Dead Sea Scrolls, The Mona Lisa, Map to the Lost City of Atlantis, the location of Jimmy Hoffa, microfiche with the proof of who shot JFK, and grandma’s teeth for sale. Price negotiable but will take half that in nickels.
    Don’t believe all the Louvre crap – I got this puppy right up here on my wall next to my autographed black velvet painting of the King himself. And if you take the whole lot, I'll even throw in the bones of the Elephant man!

Mike
  • Options
    the bones of the Elephant man!

I thought the child molestor Wacko Jacko owns them.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought the child molestor Wacko Jacko owns them. >>

Can't believe everything you read EagleEye - beat out Jacko on ebay - I'm here and ready to deal.
    I even know where the King is - I know everyone thinks he's gone - but I saw him just today at the Stop n shop - he was drinking an RC cola and eatin a moon pie!

Mike