Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Help

I have a greek drachm with the clasic stag standing before palm and bee on the reverse with the magistrates name Ç×ÄÓ but I can not find any info on this coin, can anyone help.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not without a picture, I can't- and any help I'd be able to offer you then would be rather limited, I'm afraid. I have two volumes of the Sear Greek books but haven't used them much.

However, if you are able to post a picture later, I'm confident somebody will be able to help you. We have a few folks here who're up to speed on their ancient coins, and one fella from Greece, so...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, by the way, let me be the first to say: image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Welcome to the Forum, Denty! I’m afraid I’m not much on ancient Greek coinage, but it’s possible that your coin is from Crete. Bees seem to have been a popular device there.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darkside, denty!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Thanks for that!
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome, I'll do some research on Crete.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome, photography is not my best subject but I will try to post a picture. I have had this coin for over a year and as yet I have found nothing about it, not even a date. My collection is mainly British coins from 1600 onwards.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    My collection is mainly British coins from 1600 onwards.

Welcome to the forum!

What types of British coins do you have? There are a bunch of Brit collectors here.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.