Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ugly coin pic contest

Find the most offensive coin pic on any web site and post it here (although you'll have a tough time beating my entry)

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    Ugly link
    Nothing that an hour with a ballpeen hammer can't straighten out. image
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584
    Hmm just one coin is needed...

imageimage

Knock yourself out! image
  • Options
    Looking for tobacco cards (T206, etc), 1960 Topps cards, autographs, dvds, coins, plus more
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Not the ugliest I've seen but it'll do for a start...

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Laurent, those are pretty bad!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584
    I was just going to post a picture of a regular high grade Jefferson nickel, but i thought some might not like it. image

Yes the George V coins are always the worst... so we've got two Geo V coloured/enammeled sixpences, a Geo. V florin and a dipped Geo V 1921 Sixpence, which is just ghastly.

I've got a filthy battered, scraped clean (but still filthy!) Geo. Florin somewhere... must dig it out if i get the chance!
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Here's a nice oneimage
  • Options
    Nice (ugly) coins. I should look through my stash and see what I may have to enter.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dug-Ugly Indians can whip all your so-called "ugly" coins, so nyah nyah.

The one on the left, if turned to the light just so, is faintly readable as being from the 1860's. I think it's an 1865. It's bronze, not copper-nickel. I've got many a Dug-Ugly that would frighten you.

And then there's the one I found this morning, in the wee hours- it's not so ugly at all, for a dug coin!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭

Would look better circulated.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Looking for tobacco cards (T206, etc), 1960 Topps cards, autographs, dvds, coins, plus more
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    It's so nice to finally see the flowers of Wybrits' collection! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    I love those large pennies for the fact that the date's one of the last things to go. image

Edit to add- I think I still have some nearly-no-date or partial date ones around, somewhere! image

Hey- that's a great Buffalo nickel for a keychain! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Dang... I forgot about my "half dime"! image

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Don't be fooled, I hear wybrit actually has over a 100 Churchill Crowns, he's worships them.
  • Options
    So much ugliness, so little time....Sorry if any of these are yours.

from an ebay auction (#3922298031)

another ebay (#3923304007)

maybe it's not so ugly, aside from the repaired holes and her ugly grimace, but the photo is too blurry....

maybe these are washers? Apparently his mother is always right...here's the auction (#3922551743) description
    Up for auction is a lot of 20 1-satang coins from Siam. I think they are very old because a.) my mother says they are very old(and she herself is pretty oldimage, b.)they're not dated, c.)they say "Siam" and not " Thailand", d.) they have holes(for stringing your money to your purse or onto yourself before going to the market), and e.) they are very worn.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I could never decide whether this was a butt ugly coin or a (once) very nice coin with ugly things going on.image

imageimage
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato