Home Sports Talk
Options

Madden 2005

Who is on the cover? Will the Jinx continue? Comes out pretty soon, right?

Am I speaking Chinese?

Comments

• Options
    Ray Lewis. August 12th.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Nfl2k5 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    so besides the up to date rosters, 2005 doesn't look like much of an upgrade from 04.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>so besides the up to date rosters, 2005 doesn't look like much of an upgrade from 04.

Kevin >>

They've covered pretty much everything already.
  • Options
    I agree, '04 is pretty complete as far as game-play is involved - not much else to do other than update rosters.

Brian
  • Options
    Am I the only one that never got the hang of the Playmakers mode in 04?

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    I never used it that much - it always just felt like a hot route, but the player is supposed to perform better I think. It is also subliminal advertising for that stupid soap opera on ESPN.

Brian
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Some mew stuff from Madden 2005 :

New Hit Stick - Change the momentum of a game by using the right analog stick to make a huge hit or force a turnover.

New Defensive Playmaker Control You are now in complete control on "D". Modify pre-snap assignments, including double teams and player-specific match ups, for any defensive player on the field.

New Storyline Central - Now your games are impacted by the stories that surround your team.
    Enhanced Franchise Mode - Players now react to everything that happens in the franchise.

New Fan Presentation - Your team's crowd is now customizable with new Create-a-Fan.

New EA SPORTS™ Online - Take on the best Madden players online. Improved EA SPORTS Fair Play keeps the playing field level.

Force the action on defense in Madden NFL 2005. New defensive tools allow you to make more plays and be in on all of the action. The all-new Hit Stick lets you lay the big hit to turn the momentum of the game in your favor. With the new Storyline Central, you get the inside scoop around the league from radio host Tony Bruno, along with local and national newspapers, to help you make critical franchise decisions. With groundbreaking graphics that capture the real stadium experience, Madden NFL 2005 continues its 15-year tradition of innovation in video game football.
  • Options
    Ricky and his reefer posse I bet.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I am surprised at how good NFL2K5 is...and, they are selling it for $19.99. Hopefully, that will get them some sales from Madden, which is getting stale IMO.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    ctosfan i couldnt agree more 19$ and game is unreal! you can play season on line
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madden is so good that they only need to upgrade rosters in my opinion,NCAA 05 is AWESOME as well,you got to love players getting suspended and you cant cut on a dime and switch direction without slowing a bit. It is much more realistic with the Defenses being tuffer.
  • Options
    One thing I hate on Madden, is you dont get the entire field. When I see a back swing off to a side, I cant tell where the heck he is to stop the pass. Ive tried differant camera angles too. Is there a way?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Great Game. The place that was selling it had a Maddden 05 Tourny too, that was fun. It was on the Xbox which I have never played, grapics seen way better on that than PS2.

Anyone else get it yet?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    This is a BIG upgrade over '04

Plus, ESPN 2k5 is a decent game, but its franchise mode completely sucks.
    The man, the myth, the legend....#24.....CHAMP BAILEY!!!
  • Options
    My game pauses for a second after scoring a TD, thats pretty lame.

Anyways, defense is definetly better. Trying to figure out online play here in a minute.....
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Played online last night, awesome. No more cheating by going for it on 4th and 22, so on. Also, it shows LIVE MLB scores on the menu screen. Probly football when that time come too.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭

<< <i>This is a BIG upgrade over '04

Plus, ESPN 2k5 is a decent game, but its franchise mode completely sucks. >>

whats wrong with the Franchise mode?