Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

got a question for the board and the serious dealers help PLEASE!!!GETTING ROBBED

OK here is the deal

Me and guy I thought I knew in the hobby(you guys do not like him) and I will tell his name SOON if I get no info from him
bought 12 75 mini wax packs from Baseball Kid at Sportsfest. We submitted 34 total cards under his name at PSA

We agreed to split the cost of the packs and grading and submit to PSA for 6.00 a card and submit the order under his name

well all orders were done by now!

so I call him and he claims they didn't get done yet and he has no submission # for me to check online( I knew then that he planned to screw me but could not prove it- now I can prove with certainty straight from PSA's mouth).

So today after several calls that stated NO CARDS from the submitter I called PSA and found out that the order had been graded and sent to him over two weeks ago.

I have called the submitter twice tonight NO answer from him
and left a message wondering what grades we recieved

My wife IS AN ATTORNEY and she said we could sue his tale. He lives in North Carolina and I live in TN.

My question to you is what would you do GIVE HIM MORE TIME, demand a submission #, sue him(I can easliy)

We have talked since the grades were released and he is lying to my face sayign PSA is dragging their heels. My guess is we got several PSA 10's(he sold them and going to buy 8's to give me)

Any sale of these at the national you saw by a dealer would also help.

If I get no answer from him within 48 hours I will blow this board up with his stealing. You guys will love it TRUST ME ON THAT ONE!

Just so you know I sell on average about 10K a month on ebay so I know most of the dealers somewhat and would not have done this unless I knew the guy

ALSO PSA HAS CONFIRMED THIS ORDER WENT OUT TO HIM TWO WEEKS AGO- He and I talked since then and he says NO CARDS!
Check Out our auctions grandslamcardco on ebay

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    <Well my 160 cards came back in two weeks>

im confused, yours came back? then what cards are you talking abt then?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Can you explain this a little clearer? It sounds like you two split the costs (grading fees and packs) but I am unsure if they were submitted via two different orders or if your 160 card order was a separate order entirely. Did you plan on selling the graded cards? I hope you can get resolution.

I would email him this thread ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    I submitted that friday my order well we put these on his submission since we has a BIG dealer and I was hoping for a little better treatment and I trusted the guy

I submit but not anything like what he does. I submitted 400 + cards in 4 months and he crushes me.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Sounds like a personal problem. If your wife is a lawyer, should have gotten her to jot you a quick document for CYA purposes all around and have it signed.
    You say you got "your" 160 cards back? So whose cards are whose? You should attempt to resolve this on your own and not dump it out here. Just IMO. Best of luck.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veeery interesting...but confuzink!
    Good luck pick6.
    Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    where in North Carolina??

LMK ASAP

JS
  • Options
    This doesn't make much sense.

Perhaps you could clarify so we could better help you out.

-Ian
  • Options
    ....the guy went from being a big time dealer, that submits so much that he crushes you...... to a KID!!

in any event 6 stop freaking out

i hope it turns out ok for you

Good for you.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Didn't this same story appear here earlier this year? Submitting cards to PSA in another guy's name, weeks go by and no cards, no grades, guy kept making up excuses etc etc. Maybe I'm experiencing deja vu.
  • Options
    wasn't there a similar story involving beachbum?
  • Options

<< <i>My guess is we got several PSA 10's(he sold them and going to buy 8's to give me) >>

There is an easy way to tell if this happened...in my, albeit VERY limited experience in sumbitting cards I have noticed that the card are returned with cert numbers issued in sequential order. If you get a bunch of 8's with cert numbers that aren't even close to being sequential...then you have your answer
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I doubt that you received a "bunch of 10s" as there are only 99 PSA 10 out of over 17000 75 minis graded. He may be replacing some 9s though. Either way I hope that it works out for you, either get the submission # or when you get the cards make sure that the cert #s are in order.
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    pick6 - Any update?
  • Options
    Good for you.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>pick6 - Any update? >>

im interested
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    spill his name. this guy sounds like a loser the public has a right to avoid
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    For the future, you should just shell out the PSA membership fee, so you can have the piece of mind to submit your cards thru yourself. How can you possibly trust anyone to submit any number of cards thru PSA, unless you live on the same block, or at least in the same city.
  • Options

<< <i>wasn't there a similar story involving beachbum? >>

Yes, but that scenario was a bit different than this one. In my situation it wasn't a "honesty" issue afterall. Just a simple misunderstanding. In any event, it was cleared up shortly after and I was happy with how BeachBum and I worked it out. We are a-ok now.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    no difference at all! this person clearred it up as well and sent me my cards and I am OK with this person as well!that is why no name was ever mentioned becaue IT WAS MY FAULT!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I am shocked.
  • Options
    vargha the reason you have 15000 WORTHLESS posts is because you say nothing at all in your posts! Just smart comments and worthless banter! you are a class act
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Vargha's lack of hysterical rip-off posts were endearing

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just smart comments and worthless banter! you are a class act >>

Vargha, please quit with the smart comments.. try for some unintelligent comments instead..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    seems u are always at fault.................image
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I am usually! lol
  • Options

<< <i>vargha the reason you have 15000 WORTHLESS posts is because you say nothing at all in your posts! Just smart comments and worthless banter! you are a class act >>

Hey Pick6
    Don't mess with Vargha, he's heavy into Voodoo!

Mike
  • Options
    lol- I am chilling out!
  • Options

Vargha probably just hadn't had his meds yet !!! image

He really isn't a bad guy for being a dyslexic,one armed,voodoo practicing,islamic midget.

Hey Vargha,

Did I get it right ???

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options

<< <i>He really isn't a bad guy for being a dyslexic,one armed,voodoo practicing,islamic midget. >>

Vic
    I think you left out the fact that he is an ex-con and I suspect in the witness protection program.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options

Oh Yeah,

Thanks Mike !!!!!image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    I'm gay, too.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Not that there is anything wrong with that....

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>I'm gay, too. >>

<< <i>Not that there is anything wrong with that.... >>

Griff
    I think we have a problem here....we're not even sure that Vargha even exists! I think he is a PSA apparition - or some kind of bureaucratic absence of presence or somethin....
    I say we launch a full scale investigation into the matter and get to the bottom of this!

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I'm actually Joe Orlando's alt. ID. There, I've said it now. I feel much better.