Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Bust Dime Question

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's what confuses me;

There is a registry set for Capped Bust Half Dimes......ok cool. There is no registry set for Capped Bust Dimes. The only basic circulation strike set includes both Capped and Draped Bust Dimes. Why is there no Capped Bust Dime registry Set?

Edited to add: Just realized that the same goes for Capped Bust Quarters and Half Dollars.

Comments

• Options
    Well... there is a definite split for Half-Dimes... there was a huge break in between the Draped and Capped Bust Half-Dimes, but not so with the other denoms...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    IMHO - kinda sucks cause I want to do the Capped coins cause they're in my price range but there's no way I can do the draped coins with my budget. So I guess I can't complete the dime, quarter or half set.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm certain that they intend to get to those sets. Everything has a priority and those are in low demand. Just look at those ruffians rattling the cage for that Pattern Registry! image
  • Options

I am officially rattling the cage for seperate capped bust sets

• Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Send David Hall a message at DH@collectors.com, or simply post a question on the question and answer forum.
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pre-Turban series is a distinct market, and collectors often specialize in Flowing Hair and Draped Bust coins, as I do for half dollars. Not having these series split is like combining IHC's and Lincolns. More participation would result if the Capped Bust were separate from Draped and Flowing Hair series.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver