Home Q & A Forum
Options

Who are your customers?

Hello, Mr Hall!

This is something that I have been wondering for some time(for some reasonimage).

I am curious whom exactly you consider PCGS customers to be.

Are your customers the people submitting the coins and writing the checks for grading fees? Or are the customers the collectors who buy PCGS graded coins, even if they never have/never will submit a coin? Both? Neitherimage?

Whom do feel your business practices are geared toward...the submitter, or the "end-user"?

I guess this is a rather open-ended question. I would appreciate hearing any thoughts you might have.

Thanks,

Jeffimage

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Jeff,

Great question and in fact I believe one of the unusual things about our business is theat we actually have two distinct customers. Obviously, the people who send us coins for grading are our customers. But the people who buy coins we grade, because they are supporting our product and thereby making people want to use our grading serivces, are also our customer. The needs of these two customers are somewhat different and we have to satisfy both. So we try to maintain a strict grading standard on one hand, while grading the coins as high as we possibly can based on theat standard on the other hand. We think about our two customers all the time and I think we've been very successful at satisfying the needs of the marketplace.

Thanks,

David