Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Is there a difference among dealers, selling 'High end" for the grade vs "low end" fo

We all know the difference between a 66.1 and a 66.9, a 67.1 and a 67.9, etc.
Are the dealers now finding their comfortable level?, High and low end niches, finding their place, dividing up the market?

As the bull market slows, are we seeing a huge division developing/positioning?

"We'll see" in the months ahead who is a "lifer" and who was only a "short-timer"

Comments

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't be scared by this post. It is not an advertisement for WC, although he does represent the top end...
    It is more directed at those dealers who have posed as "top" dealers, and are comfortable selling low end plastic.
    There is a MAJOR difference, and it is becoming clearer and clearer, as the bull market shrinks, who they are. "We'll see... "
    ...and the big question: Is "top dollar" for an also-ran newbie dealer, the same top dollar amount to be had from a top-notched, experienced salesperson?
    "we'll see". image
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I always ask top dollar for high end coins. And I'll always pay strong to get them. For example, I'd pay a $1000 for a PCGS 54-P cent in 66RD if I thought it were nicer than the one I own right now. I wouldnt pay $350 for a dog.

I sold a 35-S Lincoln about 9 months ago for about $750... I sold some others that werent as nice for around $400-$450 shortly afterwords. I'd pay $900 to get that $750 coin back... but have passed on several since then at around $350-$500.

David
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We all know the difference between a 66.1 and a 66.9, a 67.1 and a 67.9, etc."

Steve - Perhaps a faulty premise?

Coins look slightly different to me in the a.m. vs. the p.m. Anyone else feel that way sometimes?

Unfortunately, my best work is done around midnight to 2:00 a.m. in the certain light of a certain area of a certain room. It just seems that I submit the best coins pulled at that time. Or, perhaps it has simply become ritual after so much time image

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    Perhaps. image