Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ALERT > My User Name and Icon was suddenly changed and NOT by Me >>>>>Help Needed

imageTo all Forum Members
I have been posting under the name as rich(small r) w/ a clipped Washington Quarter error icon.I have posted over 170 times.Then all of a sudden,WHAM ! My User Name Is now Rich (capital R)and my Icon is changed to Snoopy and Charlie Brown with only 3 Posts !!!
I have Emailed the webmaster ,but so far no response.When I go to my profile it is someone else's.With a diff email address????.I am wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them.I don't want to start all over again! imageAny Input Appreciated.I'm guessing that the webmaster was deleting old user ID's and accidentaly deleted the wrong rich.Now everytime I visit this site, I am this other other ID.Hope this gets fixed soon.

Comments

• Options
    SportsModerator1 is logged on now. Send a PM. Good luck!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody in IT forgot that user names are case sensitive. Should take about three seconds to fix that when they get around to it.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Trying logging in with your used name as "rich" with a lower case r. It might be case sensitive...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Thanks Bohica,I tried and can't turn on the PM function on this new ID page 'cause it is not my password.This is really weird,Says I am from Milwaukee! Strange I dont remember moving from Ct.If you could PM the moderator and have him look into this, I would be in your debt.I cant subscribe to this thread either ,so I will keep checking back for answers.
  • Options
    I sent a PM. I'll probably be banished to the Stamp Forum for interrupting SM1's play time.
  • Options
    Like I said, log out, and log back in, making sure that you list your username in the field with a lower case 'r'

I'm confident that will work. I just sent a PM to 'rich' and it listed 'rich' as being offline. And the user name at top said 'rich' not 'Rich' It is case sensitive
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Now I've seen everything.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Just tried ,No luck .I logged out ,Relogged back in with rich and my password succesfully.but the bottom of the main page shows me as Rich still.I will post now to see what happens.Thanks for the help guys.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Well, they have you joined as of 4/01 so either they zeroed out everything or did a restore of a backup and somehow skipped you. image
  • Options
    I think that I joined around 4/01.Must have been 2 of us and thought they were the same.Good Grief !!! I know how C.B. feels!imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    "Good Grief !!! I know how C.B. feels!"

Well I hope so, you are now C.B.image

Jim
  • Options
    Why does this always happen to ME !!!!AAAARRRRRRRGHH.image
    I just checked my name, rich is still on the U.S. Coin Forum Member Listing.Tried to log out and relogin still no luck ! The forums 'puter still will not allow me to login under my correct name and password. Wazzup with that?
  • Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    Hackers? Sheesh

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options

<< <i>Hackers? Sheesh >>

That's what I thought at first.I hope not .I think it is just an honest mistake.
  • Options
    Sounds like an IT error. It can only be fixed at CU HQ. I cannot do a thing for you tonight. Call customer service on the 800# tomorrow and explain the problem.

Sorry I can't do anything else for you right now.

Enjoy the new identity tonight image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    When I log in with rich(lower) case and password.It say's "Log in successful" Then at the bottom of the next page which is the menu of all the forums It has me logged in as Rich (higher case R )How can It do that?
    "I am starting to get angry,you won't like me when I get angry"The Hulk image
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like an IT error. It can only be fixed at CU HQ. I cannot do a thing for you tonight. Call customer service on the 800# tomorrow and explain the problem >>

Thanks,could you tell me the 800 number,or where I can find it?
    I hope they restore me to where I was,I would like to get back to normal
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>First Name: richard

Last Name: patenaude

Nickname: rich

City: norwich

Province/State: Connecticut

E-mail address: richmary0@yahoo.com

Message Posts: 184

Last Visited On: July 20th, 2004 7:47 PM

Average Posts Per Day: 0.15

Sure I remember you. You were an old hand when I got here and I've seen more than half
    your posts. In fact I think I've twice stolen your avatar. The user names are not case sensitive
    at least when they're displayed but they may be while registering. Curiously there is also a
    RICH on board.

Good luck getting it staightened out. You can of course get the avatar back but if they can't
    restore the account then your post count may be lost.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    You might try turning on the profile on this account. It might shed some light on things?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you've been taking your medication?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

<< <i>You might try turning on the profile on this account. It might shed some light on things? >>

Hello cladking,I tried and I can't do it. I can't sign in with my name and password and can't do anything on the Rich profile page.Anybody got that 800 number for CU's HQ?
  • Options
    What a mess!image

I hope you get the 800# soon!

Good Luck!!

Katrina
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    What kind of con are you trying to pull here, "RICH"...if that is your real name?

What's your game, man...what's your game???

• Options
    Hi cladking ,Thanks for the tip.I tried and can't access that on the Rich page.I can't get on my page,Curious,I can log on w/my correct user ID and Password but when it loads I turn into this other Rich.
  • Options
    Been there ,done that ,won't work
  • Options
    Rich/rich - You can reach the PCGS customer service department Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time.

In the United States call toll free at 888-469-2646. Outside the United States call 949-567-1355.

• Options
    your profile is not showing up. What happens when you go to the Profile page. Can you change it and update it?
    Actually learning a few things here. What a great site.

My Ebay Sales
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude! At least you eBay handle hasn't been hijacked!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rich

peacockcoins

• Options
    Thanks bohica268 for the help ,I will try calling in the AM.Lets' get back to coins.
  • Options
    Thanks all of you for your help and advice.Hopefully I can get fixed tommorrow.
  • Options
    rich,

I know you just spoke with Lisette but I want to clarify what is going on with everyone.

When we first set up this system the nicknames were case sensitive. So we could have multiple people signed up as rich but with different capitalization. ie: rich, RICH, Rich, rIch, etc. As these boards grew, we found this to be problems as people were getting confused with who was who. We made the decision to not make the nickname case sensitive so that it would read the characters the same and it truly had to be unique. We have not had an issue like yours in a long time so I'd have to guess it's been awhile since you posted. Also, you'll notice that I made this account Rich01 so it would be unique in our system and you shouldn't experience this again.

Carol

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Well, at least we have Rich (Rich01) back and he has his avatar back. It's a shame about the post count.

Thanks CarolJ.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I did a forum users search and there is a rich from CT with 185 posts.

There are also users Rich01, Rich02, richard, etc., etc.. So maybe they fixed your problem by giving the newby a new handle!!
  • Options
    Just a follow up ,all has been restored even my post's count.I don't wish this expirience on anyone.Thanks to everyone who was concerned and thanks for the advice.

1997 Matte Nickel strike thru U
    "Error Collector- I Love Dem Crazy Coins"
    "Money, what is money? It is loaned to a man; he comes into the world with nothing and he leaves with nothing." Billy Durant. Founder of General Motors. He died a pauper.
  • Options
    From one rich to another: glad everything eventually worked out. I can only imagine what a nightmare it was. image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From one rich to another: glad everything eventually worked out. I can only imagine what a nightmare it was. >>

I second that!

-Rich

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file