Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Can someone post me some pics of ancient coins

That are decent looking, historical, cool, and not too expensive?image Please?
Scott Hopkins
-YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Whoa, a high grade Boy on Dolphin Taras piece. What did that sell for, $2k?

For about $10, you can get a Constantine I "Soli Invicto Comiti" billon follis:

Christianity was tolerated in 312 A.D. by Constantine the Great, so this was the last Pagan type coin to be struck (along with the Iovi Conservatori), last struck about 319 and 324, respectively.
    more details here
  • Options
    hello canadiancoinguy. That is actually a Calabria, Tarentum. Circa 302-280 BC. CNG currently has it listed for $795.00. I think the Greeks had the most beautiful ancient coins. In a simple way, even though they are considered crude, I find Byzantine coins attractive (and much more affordable).
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott- I can post you some nice inexpensive ones...

IF I can find them! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>Scott- I can post you some nice inexpensive ones...

IF I can find them! image >>

Please find them, im thinking at the next coin show I might add a few to my collection.image
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!