Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

NSA Card Grading Company?

Anyone know much about the NSA card grading company? Are they legit? Are they known to grade reprints? Are their grades accurate? Any info/experiance anyone has had with them is appreciated.

After much searching on google this is all I could find.. Their Website

Here's a auction for a NSA graded card.. Click Here

Comments

• A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy a card in a slab by any company other than PSA, GAI, SGC, or Beckett, and many people on here would agree with that, perhaps even tossing Beckett off the list ... the other small-time basement operations are all just that, some are well known for their tendencies of over-grading, grading trimmed/altered cards, grading unauthentic cards and grading their own cards for the sake of trying to create a market. These unknown little companies are not recognized as reputable by anyone other than themselves.
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    First off, look at the slab. Even if that card was 9, it would be a 6 by the time it got in your mailbox.

Secondly, a quote from their website:

<< <i>NSA Grading (founded by Steven Weintraub) offers the best in capsulation >>

They aren't even familiar with "encapsulation"

Third, they charge as much as PSA does to grade cards. All I can say is, who in their right mind would get cards graded by this company, unless the website was just a front the buyer made to sell his own graded cards?
  • Ok, Thanks I'll stay away from buying cards graded by companies other than PSA, SGC GAI. I was going to bid to win this Bobby Orr RC.. Click Here but didn't.. Thanks. image
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Look at the other stuff the seller is peddling - all in PRO holders. If that's not a warning flag, I don't know what is.

Also, the Orr is in Tampa, FL, which is the same location as the grading company that slabbed it.
  • I consider myself to be wiser than most about what I bid on.. but I still learnt a thing or two from what you've said. I would have never noticed or would have thought to look about the Florida point... etc.. Thanks I appreciate it.
    You saved yourself $700 by not bidding on that Orr, it likely is a fake copy that they slabbed, the Orr rookie is one of a handful of popular cards that have known counterfeits floating around. A real one in a grade around NM - NM/MT would go for 3-5K, so the unsuspecting buyer thinks they just got the deal of a lifetime until they find out later it's a fake and not worth the cardboard it's printed on. If the seller knew the card was real and was unaltered, he would definitely have sent it to PSA or even Beckett, as he has auctions for cards slabbed by both those companies.
  • Hello,

I was recently at a show that Collectors Showcase did at Chantilly Va and NSA had a booth set up there doing on-site grading for 15 dollars a card. While I was sitting down drinking a soda I saw what I thought would be there only customer of the day walk up and submit a few cards but strangely enough there were others!!! I would never buy from them but to each his own.

Troy
    looking for Mantle,Munson,Big Klu
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I wonder if they got enough submissions to pay for their table?
  • Maybe enough to pay for the table but probably not enough to cover salaries and everything else that goes along with it.

looking for Mantle,Munson,Big Klu
    Maybe PRO or GEM weren't set up at that show you went to and people were desperate for someone to slab their altered and/or unauthentic material.