Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Which display method do you prefer at shows??

When at a coin show, which do you prefer?? Albums, display cases, or 2x2 boxes?? They all have pros and cons. I like going thru the 2x2 boxes, except if they are so packed the coins are difficult to remove. Albums are easier, but take up much of the dealers space to view. The higher end coins usually end up in the display cases. It can be overwhelming trying to look at those coins with all the lights and activity at the table. What's your prefered method?
Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it depends on the type of material I'm searching for, I tend to prefer the display case method for single pieces.

But bulk bins can be fun to paw through. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    I personally like the 2x2 boxes. Not everyone sees what's in those.image

Of course, I like the display cases, because they give me an idea of whether I should spend time at that table.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭
    image with Wybrit. I look for and focus on dealers who offer material that I collect. If the case shows a nice variety then I'll ask to see more. If it is full of Morgans or liteside gold I'll quickly scan the rest of the table then move on and maybe return later to browse deeper. I find this an effective method to search a large show. Sometimes I miss things with this approach but it works for me.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay