Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1960 D/D RPM #1

WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just looking through an original roll of 1960 D cents and found a RPM #1 - very distinct D/D West - coin is likely a 64 - I know there are many different 1960 D rpm but this is clearly the boldest. Anyone know approximate value for such a coin?
<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

• Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Hmm. I'm also wondering if a 60 D/D nickel has any extra value. I have one of those...
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Windy City

You need to find the D/D large over small date.Keep looking because what you found won't buy dinner in Chicago.

Stewart
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Probably $20 in that grade.

Stewart is right...keep looking for the RPM #100.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks... I have 20 more roll to look at.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought an ANACS MS64RD for $12 about three years ago. It's not worth much, but it's a very strong double MM.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    GerryGerry Posts: 456
    Nice find. Here is what Ken Potter has for it on his website:

1960-D/D Large Date 1c RPM#1 D/D West, Wexler-RPM-001 "Perfect Parallel". Strongest known RPM on the Memorial series! MS60/+...$8, MS63...$15, MS64...$20, MS65RD $29.00

I'm surprised that Fivaz-Stanton don't include it.

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Gerry

I'll gladly pay double what Ken Potter will pay for a 60 D/D in 65 red or 66 red. I'll also pay quadruple what Ken Potter will
    payfor a 60 D/D large over small date in 66 red.I believe this is the only Lincoln cent that is both a repunched mint mark
    as well as a double die.HOW MUCH WILL YOU PAY GERRY ?

Stewart
  • Options
    GerryGerry Posts: 456
    Stewart:

Those are not Ken Potter's buy prices. Those are his sell prices. So, you might want to buy some; you can email him at KPotter256@aol.com. He also has dozens of other 1960D RPM's, including I think the DDO + RPM that you are referring to.
    Of course, all his stuff is raw, not certified. Good luck.

The 1960D DDO + RPM is tough to find in high grade. I don't believe that PCGS has made one in 66 in over 2 years; those in 65 seem to be much more plentiful.

Gerry
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    I think Ken Potter has some of the 1960-D/D SM/LG in ANACS MS64RD holders...I've seen him running auctions on eBay recently.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.