Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Photo poll #3: last in the series.

mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
This is the final installment with a very different subject from the other two, but hopefully it will continue the trend that I'm seeing with the other two polls. Again, same conditions as the other two. If you look at the subject material, you may be able to figure out where all this is going. it's actually a fairly simple concept. looking at the photos, this one is a little tougher, but the differences are there, although subtle.

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here, the coin looks better in #1, and the other two show the minor marks a little more, imo.

great pictures!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a circulated coin detail is the key and #3 shows the detail the clearest on my monitor.

three is the one.

Ken
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    I agree with Baley.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    Number one. I can see the details better and the others are a little too light for me on my monitor.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'm voting #1 on this one
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>here, the coin looks better in #1, and the other two show the minor marks a little more, imo.

great pictures! >>

Baley if you were buying the coin would you not want to see the little marks. image For show purpose maybe the #1 photo is best but as a buyer I would rather see #3 or #2.

Ken
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Selling coins is a different situation entirely, there you want to hide the flaws.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    As a buyer, I think #1 shows the most "problems" and contact marks. However, #3 show the details of the minting the best while hiding the contact marks slightly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file