Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions about Naxcom.com

I am thinking about using Naxcom. Currently, I use it to gauge sell and buy prices. What have your experiences been using the service? What kind of collectors does it attract?

Thanks,

Don
> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
>

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

Comments

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Well even though there were no problems the cards I "won" came in an envelope with a 37 cent stamp on it. With two different "sellers". While I know nothing happened I really do not like playing those "odds". I will not use them again.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I don't know about modern cards, but find it to be almost a complete waste for vintage cards.
  • Options
    I have to agree with Aknot & Vargha on this one. I've used Naxcom once. The only reason was to use up the $10 they put in my account for signing up. The sell prices are way too high and the buy prices are ridiculously low. Ebay is a better tool for gauging buy/sell prices than Naxcom IMO. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Naxcom is a waste of time for vintage because it doesn't have any.

I bought a card to try it out. Upon being placed in my "holdings" the value immediately dropped by $2. I don't mean the differential between buy and sell, I mean the market value on Naxcom. Funny, the price on the open Naxcom market was the same, but mine was worth $2 less.

A couple weeks later, my card had dropped another $2.50 even though the Naxcom buy price was the same. I tried to get my card delivered, but found I had used my PO Box, to which they will not deliver. I changed it in my profile, but my PO box did not change on the ordering page even after several tries. Fortunately, they do send checks to a PO box and I cashed out at a loss.

I suppose I could have kept at it and eventually figured out the system and how to use it, but I don't care enough about modern cards to do invest more money in the learning curve.

On the plus side, the check arrived very fast.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    jrdolan - the card isn't placed in "holdings" when you buy on NAXCOM. That sounds like you were describing thepit.com.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    It's good if there's collectors that have buy offers and you want to dump various cards without the ebay headaches. For example, I just dumped my Topps Chrome Ricky Willams RC @ $6.50 just now, and I dumped my Aaron Boone Bowman RC $2.50 when it was reported he was lost for the year. If I put those on ebay now, I won't even get 20% of the price I got for those buy offers.
    Other than that, it's good for commons and for selling cheap commons/inserts or cheap RC, but that could take forever if it sells at all.
    -bladefox
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>jrdolan - the card isn't placed in "holdings" when you buy on NAXCOM. That sounds like you were describing thepit.com. >>

You're quite right, Nick. Oops. The.Pit is the pits!
    As for Naxcom, I found it confusing to navigate and not much graded vintage material.
  • Options
    they sure did have some sweet lookin' honeys working for them at the national though!
  • Options
    I've listed a few vintage graded cards I no longer needed (had a better one in same grade or higher) on NAXCOM, as well as a few other miscellaneous cards.

So far I've sold one of the vintage graded - a '59 Fleer Williams common PSA 7, for slightly over SMR (plus 2 other cards).

There is a weak selection of vintage material, both graded and raw, on the site, but there are good deals to be found (especially if you watch for recently uploaded items), and the selection will only improve as more dealers and collectors list their inventory.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    I'll agree with everyone, it is a good place to dump all your unwanted cards and not get stuck with listing fees if it doesn't sell. I too have had cards show up in an envelope with no protection what so ever, but that's only happened once. I have had that same thing happen on Ebay on a number of occasions. NAXCOM has gotten alot better since the begining. I like it because I don't get gouged for $5 shipping and then the card comes in a bubble mailer with $.60 postage. All in all I would say my experiences on NAXCOM have been very good and as more sellers get signed up the better the selection is. It's another place to look for those cards, coupled with ebay and a few other places, completing your want list is getting easier.

Just my $.02 worth.
    Registery Sets

1966 Topps Baseball #18 200ish to go
    Ken Griffey Master #2 too many at this point to go
  • Options
    NAXCOM free shipping days are unbelievably good for modern inserts. Lots of cards with a high Beckett price of $2 to $5, which usually sell for $0.50 from dealers who realistically price their cards, can then be found at $0.25 or so. If you collect modern cards, there's no good reason not to go through their inventory with some interesting searches on free shipping days.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Yes, those free shipping days are great. I got some decent Griffey Jr cards on the cheap for my collection and not paying for shipping I was able to fund a couple other premium cards. I'm in the process of listing about 100,000 or so cards, there may be a few set builders out there that can clean up on the free shipping days. I wish listing was easier. It gets tiring after 50 or so cards. Any idea when they are going to run another no shipping day(s)?
    Registery Sets

1966 Topps Baseball #18 200ish to go
    Ken Griffey Master #2 too many at this point to go
  • Options
    So far every transaction I have done through Naxcom has been great.. I keep about 2 to 300 cards there at all times. I also keep about 100 cards up on Bidville as well.
  • Options
    >>Any idea when they are going to run another no shipping day(s)? <<

Mostly likely toward the end of the month, since their first was during Memorial Day Weekend, and the last two months like the last 4 days of the month, so expect it before the 30th of this month.