Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Use gloves to handle coins?

Does anyone use gloves when handling coins? Is there a special type of glove for use with coins? Thanks.
Bill

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad practice, I have used latex gloves in the past, some that we used at Intel in a cleanroom enviroment, however, a clean hand and holding the coin by the rims will suffice, as this is what PCGs does......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Use the rubber ones (same as when you get your prostate checked by your doctor.)image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    most raw coins are best handled with gloves,nobody wants fingerprints !
    i use cotton.
    latex should be ok,get the un-powered kind,most auto parts stores carry the latex now.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    the Latex gloves I am refering to are of high quality, yet I have seen them at medical supply centers.

we used these gloves in the fab and we used them to handle our quartz. These gloves prevented the passing of contaminates such as sodium (found in human sweat) from being transfered to our quartz thereby affecting our process.

In a earlier thread sometime back I was made aware of latex gloves being powederd, what I have seen at medical supply centers this wasn't the case, atleast with the latex gloves we saw there, as surgical gloves should be free of powders and contaminates...

same at Intel, as introducing some powder would affect our die yields on our wafers.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Use the rubber ones (same as when you get your prostate checked by your doctor.) >>

Please use fresh ones. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Use the rubber ones (same as when you get your prostate checked by your doctor.) >>

Please use fresh ones. image >>

If fresh ones aren't used, would this create AT??
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Please use fresh ones. image >>

Ken
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    If you didn't use fresh, clean gloves on a brilliant copper, it could be downgraded to R&B.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>If you didn't use fresh, clean gloves on a brilliant copper, it could be downgraded to R&B. >>

And I don't want to get too close to that brown part.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I don't bother with gloves in handling coins. I learned how to hold them years ago.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file