Home Sports Talk
Options

Curt Schilling sums up Boston's night against the Yankees

ARod comes through with the wiining RBI too!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Wow, I didn't even need to go to MLB.com to find out who won. I just check here and if you posted anything - Yankees must have won if no posts BoSox won. I'm not a fan of either team I just wished I could have seen the game. I did just see a highlight of Posada scoring a run at home and they said (and showed) that he was clearly out. The victory must be bittersweet since they only won by the run they were given.

Brian
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    << I did just see a highlight of Posada scoring a run at home and they said (and showed) that he was clearly out. The victory must be bittersweet since they only won by the run they were given.>>

Au Contrare, my friend, au Contrare. I saw the play from several angles and it looks like Posada slid around the tag and that his foot was on the bag when Varitek tagged him. The ball was clearly there before Posada got there but he out maneuvered Varitek.

By the way, I am glad I am provide an added service to thiis board. image
  • Options
    Well if nothing else it does add more heat (if that's possible) to the rivalry. The two clips I saw on ESPN looked like he was out especially from the back angle when it was played in slow motion. That was all I saw - I imagine it's being dissected on the news in Boston.

Brian
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    It was VERY close though. Varitek gave a half-hearted argument but that was about it so there must have been doubt in his mind or else he would have gone ballistic.
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    It was a terrible lack of a slide and a lame attempt of a tagout. He was safe by a whisker.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well today's game is only adding fuel to the fire of a tumultuous relationship - I think Arod may have won some 'yankee' points with his team today!

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    OK....that is funny.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    In the same vein, I loved the quote in this week's SI from KC Royals second baseman Tony Graffanino -- "I've never been on a team where everybody stinks."
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...