Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry worthy roosies link

Many registry worthy rainbow roosies. link
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Some great Registry coins here...................when was the last time you saw a 1958-P PCGS MS67 Rosy with multi-color rainbow toning (58D yes, but 58P is much more scarce)......some great coins - its worth checking out!!!!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I could make some wise crack remark about how ugly these dimes are, But I'd be
    lying and I'd have a problem with that. I could talk about how great and gorgeous they
    are but I don't really want to attract attention to them since I will be bidding on ALL
    of them. Better I just say nothing and hope nobody sees the thread. Maybe I could
    get BJ to move the thread.......image

Nick

Oops!! This was suppose to be a PM
  • Options
    I am very excited about the 55-D, 58-P and the 64-D. They should bring some spirited bidding.

Good luck Nick and Craig!!!

Butch
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Butch,
    I think we view toned roosies the same way.
    bill
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    Bill,

Thanks for the complement!!! I know we have duked it out on a few and from what Craig has told me, your set is what I should be aiming at.

So once again Thanks!!!

Butch
  • Options
    "I am very excited about the 55-D, 58-P and the 64-D. They should bring some spirited bidding."

Butch,
    An astute prediction!
  • Options
    Well its 7:01 and I think I got the 55-D image , lets see how the 64-D and 58-P go in 45 minutes.

Butch

(It's 7:50 and I am two for two. Now for the 64-D)
  • Options
    I got the 61D, 63P and 53P.... It looks like Butch beat me out of the others......image
    I really wanted that 58P too.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick,

I got the 58-P, 46-P and 55-D but for some reason, my last minute bid for the 64-D didn't go through. Oh well, I will have to try and not bid so close to the wire next time.

Butch
  • Options
    Butch, I had esnipe bid on the 58P with 6 seconds to go. I didn't get home until
    the auction was well over. The string of e-mails said I was high bid when that bid
    when off. Three seconds later I was out bid. WOW!!!! Your good. Nice score Butch.
    Word I got was that coin is something special.

Nick
  • Options
    That 58P was a cool coin - Butch you will like that one (yes, I sold that coin to Bill). You just don't see 58P's with that kind of color!

I was very surprised the 64P went so high - it was probably in part due to the TT verbiage about it being a pop-1 coin.......when in fact, it is a pop-5 coins at NGC (TT must be using old data). But, still a good looking color coin.........
    Craig
  • Options
    Everyone got some very nice coins....but price wise, Nick was the big winner and again owes me dinner!!!...the 61D and 63 went too CHEAP for the quality of the coins...TELETRADE had decent photos of the NGC coins, but did a far lesser job on the PCGS holders...the 58P (from Craig) is truly a super color coin for the "blah" date..... but, without a doubt, I liked the 64D best of all the coins I sold. I almost kept this duplicate because I couldn't really decide if I liked it best, or the 64D Craig recently sold me....Very tough decision as the coin I kept had a bit more "flash," but the NGC coin really had "color"....I think the new owners will all be happy.....as an aside, the 55D is the one Nick offered me $1500 a while back when he was chasing 68s.....Yes, Craig.....another shrewd business decision by me not to sell it to him!!!!!!image

How about some other roosie guys selling some nice coins??? I am a strong buyer for a "true massive rainbow" 61P or 50S in either NGC or PCGS 67/68....I don't give a flip about bands (rather NOT have them), since for me, only the color counts!!!!image

More to follow on roosies as FUN rolls around and the long-awaited roosie showdown eventually occurs (Long Beach, June 05??)
    bill
  • Options
    Bill, If were talking about the same 64D (the one you kept) its an awesome coin and one that
    went back and forth between Craig and I for a while. IMHO that coin is a 68 and I tried and tried
    to get it in the holder.

When I was doing my NGC set I wanted your 55D BAD.... I offered you $1500 for it because it was
    one of 3 dates I needed in 68. I felt the coin would 68 at NGC. Since then I made a 55D MS68FB
    at PCGS, A killer coin and interest for yours waned, Sorry Bill... Your 55D is still a Monster coin and
    I valued it at $350 even with out Full Bands. I once offered you $1000 for your 54P NGC 68* too.

I had max bids on the 61D and 63P over double what I got them for so I'm a happy camper.....image

Nick
  • Options
    TELETRADE just called and said your max bids finally kicked in....send the difference to me!!!!!!!!!!image

54P ain't for sale!!
  • Options
    So GOOD to see the jestering between you two guys (insert HOOT & HOLLER here) again (Its been awhile). If I would have, could have, should have....image
    Craig
  • Options
    I'm going to have Nick stay at my house for the FUN Show ..... At night I'll chain him to my computer and make him image my entire roosie set (I'm computer illiterate) so I can post new pictures on the NGC registry site....My great fear is that after seeing all these colors, poor Nick might go colorblind.....he's not used to seeing roosies with "eye appeal!!"image

Craig, is this the kind of trash talk you were after???imageimage
  • Options
    Bill, I love it when you talk trashy........wow, imagine becoming colorblind after seeing too many rainbow toned Rosy's.....what a way to go. But, what I want to know if is you've spilled your guts to Nick about your diabolical plan for FUN.....perhaps, that's just a bit too much FUN for FUN? I thought Mr D was the imager of choice? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Craig
  • Options
    Mr. D is the man for everything but roosies...you gotta "love" roosies to capture the inner beauty of a rainbow FDR....deep down, Nick's got the love.....c'mon Nick, show us some roosie love!!!!image

Or at least, show us a cool roosie picture!!!!

I have to be nice to Nick, he really did promise to image my PCGS Registry set of rainbow proof roosies....as soon as I figure how to input a registry set (again, computer illiterate), then it is image time!!!!image
  • Options
    Bill, I have to say it would be an honor to image all your Roosies, Proofs and MS. You did say you
    were going to pay my air fare both ways.... Right. The only problem I might have with your dimes
    is if you have a compatible image program on your computer. We both know how much tweaking and
    enhancing I will have to do to those photos to get them to look anything close to These..image

Here's one I wish I had back. It now resides in another board members collection. 1951S MS68

• Options
    Nick,
    I admire the "grades" on your finest ever set, BUT they ain't got a lick of color compared to my babies!!! ......And my handle is "rainbowroosie" not "highest graded roosie"....Luckily, we each found our own niche and we're both happy where we are at!!!imageimageimage
  • Options
    Bill......was that a complement you just paid Nick? <shocked look on face>
    Craig
  • Options
    Craig,
    I "admire" the grades, but I did not say they were "warranted."imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ""I "admire" the grades, but I did not say they were "warranted."""

If PCGS says so then it must be... Right!!....

We did find our nitch though. I love rim toning with white lusterous centers.

These were some of my favorites.

• Options
    Nick,
    Maybe there is hope for you!!!!! A little more color and you'll have some nice coins!!!!imageimage

Did you see the NGC 68s in the new Heritage sale???.....yeecchh!!!!image
  • Options
    You want more color. Here's your color...

How is this for color....

• Options
    I love the 54, is it for sale??image
  • Options
    Everyone vote on your favorite Roosie from the 9 photos posted on this thread.
  • Options
    I vote the 54!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Nick,

Is that my 51-S??? image Anyway, I vote for the 46-P it is great lookingimage

But they all could fit nicely in my set.

Butch
  • Options
    Butch, The 51S is your baby. Let me know when your ready to let her go. I'll be waiting

My vote goes to the 46P too.

Nick
  • Options
    Too bad that 54P has so many marks.......Nick, why are you posting a picture of an MS66 graded coin (yep,I better duck when Bill sees this comment.....image
    Craig
  • Options
    I like em all but really like the look of the 49-D, especially the obverse. It looks chiseled. A manly Roosie if ever there was one!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Yeah, that 54 is full of crater marks....bet it would be lucky to be graded 68* FT.......image