Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MOST 2004 MS COINS NOW AVAILABLE.

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
Please PM me if you are interested in:

1. 2004(p,d) Lincoln Cents in PCGS-MS69RD

2. 2004(d) KEEL BOAT OR PEACE MEDAL(d) NICKELS in PCGS-MS68

3. 2004(d) Roosevelt Dimes in PCGS-MS68FB

4. MOST 2004 STATE QUARTERS IN PCGS-MS68 (and TX(d) MS69)

5. 2004(d) Kennedy Half Dollars in PCGS-MS68

6. 2004(d) Sacs in PCGS-MS68

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    micthell is now "da wizard of ozzzzzzzzzzz"

and I don't doubt you'll deliever

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    PM sent image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    PM Sent.

Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I have noted your requests. I expect to have plenty of coins to fill most of the orders easily.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    PM sent image
    Dan
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Buy some mint sets, the coins are awesome. I purchased 1 set and pulled 3 MS68's out. At $16.50 for the set it is a good way to go.
  • Options
    PM Sent

Edson
  • Options
    PM Sent. image
    Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
  • Options
    PM sent. Thanks Mitch.
  • Options
    All PM's responded to.

Clackamas' suggestion makes sense to me. I was able to begin the reservation list, because my sources confirmed that the 2004 coins ARE coming nice (I have not bought a mint set from the mint since 2002 personally and, as usual, will have all my coins available from submitters who sell me the coins or consign them to me). IMHO, this will NOT be like last year where 2003 MS68 state quarters were very high hundreds or even thousand(s) of dollars for MS68's early on due to poor quality. While there may be a state or two which is challenging, many of the MS68 state quarters could come in around the $50-200 range.

Other denominations I believe will also be "affordable" this year.

So, 2004 is shaping up as a great year for the collector with the likelihood of "affordable" coins (we have already seen that with the 2004 proof state quarters and other proof denominations). And, as usual, I will also ensure the coins I ship to board members are among my best copies in stock.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    okay, I'm goona start selling the next 4 years state quarters and other mint products based on specualtion that they are going to be nice from my mint sources and that my buddies at pcgs will make it right. Please sign up for each of the remaining years before you buy from the other guy. never mind the people that actually have the coins in hand right now and are trying to get $40 slab price back and did all the work personally.
  • Options
    Mark: A "PM" is coming.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Cool, we now have a "futures" market in coins. How about options next? Maybe puts and calls on mint quality?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Micth, Justhavingfun!

Russ, that's a great idea! I like it.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>Cool, we now have a "futures" market in coins. How about options next? Maybe puts and calls on mint quality?
    >>

Options could be cool, maybe you are on to something? image
  • Options
    Glad to see everyone having fun. image

Incidently, about 11,000 coins from 2004 mint sets are "in the works" already, so I am optimistic that for most "reservations" I just received, most should be able to have a "good seat at the show".

Wondercoin
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad to see everyone having fun. image

Incidently, about 11,000 coins from 2004 mint sets are "in the works" already, so I am optimistic that for most "reservations" I just received, most should be able to have a "good seat at the show".

Wondercoin >>

Only 11,000 coin sent in huh? Was this a slow week Mitch!? image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul: And, by no means was the 11,000 coin reference done "to brag". Simply put, if any board members desire to place a reservation on any 2004 denomination and wait a few more weeks until these coins come back from PCGS, I should have plenty of coins to cover most, if not all, of the reservations I receive at EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE PRICES. The 2004 coins come nice - I have already projected pricing IMHO on 2004 state quarters well beneath 2003 pricing. The difference with this "futures" market is I WILL BE TAKING DELIVERY OF THESE "HOG BELLIES" VERY SOON image

Wondercoin

• Options
    PM sentimage
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    PM sent....thanks!!
  • Options
    PM Sent. Thanks
  • Options
    bump to every collectors friend, wondercoin!!!
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Tom: Thanks for the bump image

It shouldn't be much longer on the 2004 Mint Set coins. The 2001 Mint set coins got done first and I got in some very cool state quarters, including:

1. NY(p) MS69
    2. KY(p) MS69
    3. VT(p) MS69

Also, if anyone is looking for any of the "d" mint 2001 state quarters in MS68, or any of the other 2001 denominations in high grade, feel free to PM me. I should have those coins in shortly as well.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "2004(p,d) Lincoln Cents in PCGS-MS69RD"

What are the prices?
  • Options
    Another PM Sent, wasn't sure first one was really sent. Thanks. Paul
  • Options
    My turn

This post deserve be in the top!
  • Options
    Paul (and others) - I am expecting coins (hopefully) in next 10 days or so.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I'b be interested in 2004 Roosies P&D in 68FB or 69FB
  • Options
    Don't see them yet BUMP
    Dan
  • Options
    Getting anxious for some registry coins.. BUMP
    Dan
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Mitch,

I hear that the quality is very good on this years mint sets yet the population of MS68 2004 Sacs remains fairly low (and thus the prices
    are fairly high), especially for the P mint which is historically a fairly cheap coin in 68.

How would you guess the pops on these coins will turn out? Are people just slow getting these graded or are they really turning out
    tougher than years past?

Thanks,
    -Keith
    ps I probably should have PMed this but I was hoping others might respond too.
  • Options
    Keith: As you may know, I am proud to own the #2 PCGS MS Sac set in the country and I slabbed many of the coins in my set myself. These coins comprise an extremely challenging Dollar collection in top grade. And, make no mistake about it - a true MS69 Sac is a sight to behold - I have handled around (20) different PCGS-MS69 Sacs already spanning the entire series and, overall, they are spectacular coins. I have received numerous requests to sell my 2000(d) Sac in PCGS-MS69 (I slabbed both of the pop 2 coins and sold the other to the former #1 Sac collection). I have had no interest as I personally love this series and appreciate just how challenging these coins are in top grade.

I have also yet to see a 2004 Sac in any grade, or even a raw one yet. I expect to get in a great many PCGS slabbed Sacs in the near future and will study each and every coin at that time. So, in answering your question, keep in mind that I have yet to see a coin. With that said, my "gut" suggests to me that the 2004(p) Sac in MS68 will be a tough, but "doable" coin. Bear in mind that it only takes a "pocket" of really nice coins to get some nice graded specimens. Take for example the 2002(d) Sac, which had been regarded by some as perhaps the toughest Sac out there. Yet, a super "vein" or "pocket" of fabulous coins resulted in nearly (20)+ MS68's being graded at one point (still representing close to 1/2 the MS68's ever graded for 2002(d)). IMHO, the 02(d) Sac is still a very, very tough coin to locate in MS68 and I would not be surprised to see demand outstrip supply on that coin in the not too distant future.

So, while the 2004(p) Sac should prove to be a tough coin, the "showstopper" may well be trying to land the coin in PCGS-MS69. And, if MS68's do prove to be about "as good as it gets" for 04(p) Sacs - I suspect it will take another 6 months or so to substantiate that premise.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    p.m. sent and a bump
  • Options
    WOW image
    Dan
  • Options
    PCGS is dealing with record submission levels, so I suspect it will be a couple more weeks before I get my large batch of MS 2004 coins in still.

It is great to see the Denver Mint strike exceptional state quarters -while I suspect MS69's will still be very tough to pull, they will be doable. Prior to 2004, an MS69 Denver Mint state quarter was virtually impossible to fathom. There has been a grand total of -1- PCGS-MS69 for all Denver Minted state quarters from 1999-2003 - that being a MASS(d) from 2000. Needless to say that coin is a very desireable state quarter. But, now, there will be opportunities for collectors to obtain a Denver Mint MS69 state quarter. In addition to Larry's auction for a TX(D) MS69 (which he mentioned here), here is another opportunity to obtain a TX(d) MS69

TX(d) MS69 Auction

I think it will be a great thing that 2004 Denver mint MS69 specimens will be available to the collector base this year.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Bump! (with a twist)

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    to-the-top (ttt)
  • Options
    Tim: Hi. Thanks.

I expect to have coins to offer as early as the next couple days. It has been a while on these. But, no biggie - some coins have proven to be tough already while others easy - getting your coins back early or a bit later - it all evens out it appears image

What is amazing is the early lack of Lincolns and Roosies in the large deals coming back. A board member told me today about a 450 mint set deal he screened and submitted coins from where he netted a single MS67FB Roosie of both the "p" and "d" mint only!! And, no MS68RD Lincolns either!! What is the deal with that? He did pull a couple MS68 2004(d) Kennedys; so, at least, I filled that slot in my Registry set. I also have the Sacs for my Registry set already in MS69(p) and MS68(d). It appears the "d" mint Sac might be a real toughie in grades MS68 and higher? And, the nickels may be tougher than first though in MS68 especially a couple of them. There are also some neat state quarters "toughies" developing such as WI(p) and IA(p) and FLA(p) is tough as well - that 450 mint set deal I was told about today yielded just a single MS68 from just one of these "p" mint states! I also suspect all MS69's will continue to be very desireable, although several key state quarter buyers are somewhat on the sidelines while the early slabbing results unwind.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    The 2004 product has begun to come in from PCGS. Still no reports on nickels, dimes, half dollars and most Sacs yet (I should likely hear something next week on those coins) , but, I do have a few reports on misc. state quarters. Please PM me if you are looking for any state quarter in PCGS-MS67 - MS69 grade and I'll let you know what is out there.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I now have some 2004(D) Peace Medal nickels, as well as some 2004(D) Keel Boat nickels in PCGS-MS68. PM me if you are interested in one.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    What is the latest news?
    D.M.
  • Options
    Donn: I have back around 1/2 the states thus far. Give me a call this morning and I'll give you a "run down".

No cents, dimes or Kennedys back as of yet.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Mitch, how many MS69 states did you get in?
  • Options
    Mark: I'll PM you about the specifics.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Donn, are those your 2 MI-d's in 9?
  • Options
    I got in some 2004(d) Roosies today in PCGS-MS68FB. Just PM me Roosie collectors if you still need one.

Still waiting on Lincolns and I got in NO MS68 (p) mint Kennedy half dollars at all to those interested.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I finally got in some 2004 Lincolns. Very few MS68RD and MS69RD coins. Early on, the quality of coins this year appears far tougher than MS Lincolns from the previous 2 or 3 years.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Good Morning,
    PM Sent. Paul
  • Options
    Very nice Mitch!!
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Hi Mitch,

PM Sent. Paul