Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
This post was deleted at the advice of a (I presume) younger and (I definitely know) wiser head.

Mark
Mark

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Collected the reward.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    Even if I had some ideas, I wouldn't share them, and possibly give a theif a better idea of how to get away with it.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    Collected the reward.

Smart answer!!
    David Schweitz
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather not give future thieves any ideas. Even though my ideas are probably crummy ones, anyway...
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Spend it in a gumball machine image

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not playing this game in public. PM sent. image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    I would have put a small mark on it somwhere. Set it on an old book in open air to acquire a little tone, place it in a 2x2 and "age" the holder appropriately (maybe wet the cardboard and let dry, use an old fashioned script in fountain pen, buy an antique stapler and rust the staples). Walk into a coin shop in "little old lady without a clue about coins" mode.

Hey, anyone who says they've never thought of how they'd rob a bank is lying...

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set it on an old book in open air to acquire a little tone, place it in a 2x2 and "age" the holder appropriately (maybe wet the cardboard and let dry, use an old fashioned script in fountain pen, buy an antique stapler and rust the staples). Walk into a coin shop in "little old lady without a clue about coins" mode.

What would you do with the $80 you would get paid for the coin?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    If I were the thief, I would sincerely ask God to forgive me, and apologize to the owner of the coin. Is there no integrity left in this world? Good Grief! Think about where you'll be 100 years from now. You DO have the ability to determine that, by the decisions you make now.imageisgust
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    return it sans reward

ill gotten gains GET YOU NO WHERE

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theft never enters the mind so disposal of a stolen item does not enter either. Thats the only answer I have.

Ken
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    What would you do with the $80 you would get paid for the coin?

heh heh - well, maybe not THAT clueless...
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have stolen it, but if I had lifted it I would probably be guilt ridden and would find a way to return it. If I was truly despicable, I would find a way to fence it out for a lot of money.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file