Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about Heritage Auctions

How does a Gallery auction differ from a Signature auction?

Thank you for your help,
Louis

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Gallery=no advertising,bidding only at Heritage.

Signature= Usually held at major coin shows, bidding live at the show, internet at eBay and Heritage. Catalogs sent out for these. Coins can be viewed in person before the auction.

Is a live auction going on now.

Link

If you are selling a signature auction would probably be the best.
  • Options
    imagePlacid---Thank you so much for the information and a special thanks for the link. I viewed the auction and it helped immensely. I have one consignment that just went to Heritage and another to follow. I havent signed any contracts yet and your advice gave me some bargaining power. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. What a great group of members here!!!!!!!

Sincerely
    Louis
  • Options
    "Is a live auction going on now"

The New York signiture sale is going on now, bit internet bidding ended at 8:00 PM last night!
    Already been outbid on 9 lots 2 lots still alive and kicking. image
    One of those is currently sitting at my max bid, so it doesn't look hopeful!! image

The New York bullet sale (internet only) end on Monday the 26th.
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    I was outbid on 2 of mine as well. Strong prices are being paid for the Seated Quarters I was after. Couldn't believe the strong bids. Wish I had some good stuff to sell. Definetly a sellers market.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    puffpuff Posts: 1,475
    >>The New York signiture sale is going on now<<

The first part of the sig sale ended last night.
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Bullet sales are like Signature sales in that they are cataloged and up for viewing at the signature auctions. However, Bullet sales are internet bidding only and occur a few days after the signature sales. Often used for somewhat lower priced coins. 1500 and up, the signature sale is the most likely avenue.

Granddad, your probably looking at a the Long Beach Signature Sale for your coins huh?

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file