Home Sports Talk

NCAA FOOTBALL RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! NOLES IN 04!

That's right! the noles will bury Miami on opening day and go on to win the national Title. You heard it here first. LSU Will suck. And USC will have it's usual cupcake schedule...

GO NOLES!
Real recognize REAL

Comments

• The Criminoles? If they can stay out of jail they MIGHT win the ACC...
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I love the early smack! I want the canes so bad I can taste it! We are going to go into their place and
    put some hurt on them! Berlin is a fluke and we will bury him 6 feet under! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is it football season already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO NOLES

JS
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Will they have enough players out of jail and on probation to field a team?
    Mike

How long am I going to have to watch the Irish get their butts kicked on CBS?? What a waste of a good
    station! Here's to 2-11 again!

JS
    Until the NCAA passes the requirment that you have to start actually graduating your so called college students. If they grow some balls and do it, you'll be watching girls water polo on Saturday. image Most of your parolees don't have the smarts to matriculate at ND. Here's a statistic you can brag on. Graduation rate for football players:

Florida State 49%
    Notre Dame 81%
    I love it!! Notre Dame gets their butts kicked the past 5 years and now they are telling me about
    grad rates! Are you kidding me?? No one cares about that buddy...its all about winning, and Notre
    Dame is wearing a dress!

Man you guys are bad!

JS
    No dipwad, ND cares about it. Did Florida State drop the University part from their schools name or is college all about who can buy and pay the best neandertals to showcase. Man that's sumptin to be proud of, ain't it bubba. Do you wear a Tide hat or a red one with the number 8 on it?

Florida State Hall of Shame
    Call them but you want, but they go on to the NFL and kick butt! I guess the Irish players are so smart
    they don't need football huh?? LMAO

If I have to see you get your butts kicked on prime time tv against Army again Im going to barf!

JS
  • yeah I mean just going into southbend last season and having our way with those losers was sweet.
    And berlin? hahahahahhaha...not even going to matter about him. Maybe ND should sign up a bunch of "Rudys" so to speak. oh wait, they already play a bunch of scrubs! hahahah
    Real recognize REAL
    skippy are you another one the blathering teeny-bopper knowitalls like Joey? You should get some facts before you turn on that hummingbird brain of yours. ND was uncompetitive last year with many of the top programs, but to bash their schedule is silly. Their schedule was rated 5,6, or 7 depending on which service you want to believe. They ranked 2nd from 98-02 in the number of players in the NFL. For your FYI 62% of their NFL players have degrees, FSU is 39%.
    Link If you want to talk smack with me at least come back with the facts, rather than echoing the sportstalk resident village idiot.

You must be proud of an institution that can't graduate half its atheletes, who can't matriculate at ND. It's something to brag out, we have this university that its supporters care more about winning a football game then actually admitting kids who should be there.

• << <i>Will they have enough players out of jail and on probation to field a team? >>

• phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

<< <i>skippy are you another one the blathering teeny-bopper knowitalls like Joey? You should get some facts before you turn on that hummingbird brain of yours. ND was uncompetitive last year with many of the top programs, but to bash their schedule is silly. Their schedule was rated 5,6, or 7 depending on which service you want to believe. They ranked 2nd from 98-02 in the number of players in the NFL. For your FYI 62% of their NFL players have degrees, FSU is 39%.
    Link If you want to talk smack with me at least come back with the facts, rather than echoing the sportstalk resident village idiot.

You must be proud of an institution that can't graduate half its atheletes, who can't matriculate at ND. It's something to brag out, we have this university that its supporters care more about winning a football game then actually admitting kids who should be there. >>

I don't know what "matriculate" means, but that was a nice burn! image
  • I'm sure we all know ND really doesn't care about winning football games. LOL they showed that last season.
    I'm sure most of the kids would rather make 5 mil a season in the nfl instead of 100 thou at some job with there ND diploma. If you don't care about winning then why even step on the field? lol
    I still remember those games back in the citrus bowl that i'd go to. All the ND fans would throw there stuff on the ground as they left the stadium. NICE FANS! lol
    It's all about winning...cause if you don't win...well, then your a loser.
    Skip
    Real recognize REAL
    Yes its all about winning and any way you can LOL. You may not know this but starting in 08 & 09, to be eligible for a bowl game the NCAA will require that colleges graduate a certain per centage of their athletes, the ink is just about to dry on this. So enjoy your success now and keep admitting the criminal population, enjoy. The big question at ND is whether or not having a winning season or bowl appearance is more important than educational integrity, so far the latter is winning. To all those ND fans or any other fans that whine about losing a game get over it. How you played the game is more important. If you don't believe that then so be it, speaks more about you than what is right or wrong or whether someone is a loser.
    You will have to excuse Mike...he is still reeling from that 37-0 pounding we gave him last year...or was
    it the 38-0 thrashing that Michigan gave you...or was it the....BC............

You hate to talk about what goes on ON THE FIELD because you know you all get bent over every game
    you play! Everyone loves to come into south BEND and rip you all another one on national tv.....I can only
    wonder why you are so sore Mike.

...and as far as you depending on the Knight foundation to get rid of the the best 40 teams in college football
    so you guys can get a shot at the capital one bowl or something, that isn't going to happen. We both know
    that college football is about money! You think people cared that the national championship game was
    played by two colleges who had an average grad rate of 38%???

Both FSU and Miami were at 49% and they propose that the rate be 50% or higher.......are you arguing about
    1%???

You are weak just like your football team. Just make sure you are wearing some nice lipstick the next time we
    play you all.

Thanks
    JS
    GO NOLES
    Joey baby unlike you I don't live or die with wins and losses. What's important in life is not whether FruitJar Tech won a track meet or football game. If you have children or ever have them I hope as a father you teach them to lead their lives with principal rather than judge themselves on whether or not a particular team wins a football game. How does your childish drivel about FSU affect them, does is make them a better team?

It seems to me the NCAA is moving towards the same philosophy as ND and away from college football factories. Anyway keep your boys out of jail. image
    Nice way to back out of this thread Mike...just when it gets too hot you run with your tail between your
    legs! Im sure you were talking about the classroom back in the 90's too huh? Is this the official speech
    the your booster club told you to say when asked about ND football?

You know the only thing that matters in college football is winning. You are just in denial. When my
    kid wants to go to college I can assure you I won't be looking at the football stats to help him decide where
    he wants to go!

So I guess you are gone now...nice talking to you .

JS
    Run away hardly. You never did answer my question, whatamattayou afraid? Do you want you kids to grow up thinking winning by any means is the right thing. Answer it or are you too chicken to answer an adult question?
    Mike

Winning by any means??? ahh ok whatever....I think you are taking this a bit too serious....there is much more
    to life than who wins football and I can assure you that will have nothing to do with which team is winning and
    which team plays criminals.

Man those beatings have really taken their toll! Hey do you think playing Tenn late in the season is going
    to make them play weaker? Too bad you all dropped us off your schedule because we were too tough...oh
    well....go hire some brains and maybe you can beat Syracuse this year! LOL

JS
    Hey Joey the mistake you are making is thinking that I am anything like you. I admire ND because they graduate their players, they still are second in the NFL in players btw, and their students & student athletes make a difference in the world after they leave. Would I prefer them to win every game, of course if they deserve it. Allowing athletes in to play sports who have no chance of bettering themselves academically, to use them up like cattle to win a game, to then send them out into the world unprepared is just plain wrong. ND had way more going for it than Saturday afternoons and rather than poke fun at them for two lousy football seasons I continue to admire them for sticking to their prinicpals. As I said before enjoy the glory now because in 3 or 4 years unless FSU decides to become again what it once was a school of higher learning, their football team won't qualify for a championship. So I hope you have a whole lotta fun in the meantime. image

• << <i>Mike

Winning by any means??? ahh ok whatever....I think you are taking this a bit too serious....there is much more
    to life than who wins football and I can assure you that will have nothing to do with which team is winning and
    which team plays criminals.

Man those beatings have really taken their toll! Hey do you think playing Tenn late in the season is going
    to make them play weaker? Too bad you all dropped us off your schedule because we were too tough...oh
    well....go hire some brains and maybe you can beat Syracuse this year! LOL

JS >>

BURNED!
    And this stuff about not qualifying to titles and stuff is blah. We already have 2 and we will soon have 3-4 who knowes how many X Lee will lead us to. But yeah, atleast ND can say they got good academics! So can brown, harvard,yale and every other ivy league school, but wait, don't you play them on your schedule? lol... Might as well just join that whole conf. so that way you won't get embarassed to bad and maybe justm aybe! win games! pick a bunch of cupcakes instead of trying to hang with the big boys.
    Real recognize REAL
    Skippy not only are you ignorant you are just dumber than a bag of hammers. ND plays one of the toughest schedules year in and year out. What a fool. Go argue with the rest of they teeny boppers.

2004 Football Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    S 04 @ BYU
    S 11 MICHIGAN
    S 18 @ Michigan St.
    S 25 WASHINGTON
    O 02 PURDUE
    O 09 STANFORD
    O 16 @ Navy
    O 23 BOSTON COLLEGE
    N 06 @ Tennessee
    N 13 PITTSBURGH
    N 27 @ USC

• I hate to agree with Kevin on this, but he is right. College football is all about money, and winning , and what have you done for me lately, which if you're talking about Notre Dame, ain't much. Hey Skip, just what this board needs, another FSU fan. LSU will suck, huh? Care to wager on that? Kevin, its about that time of year again. How is your team looking? The Tigers are loaded with great athletes on both sides of the ball, but have an unproven guy at QB. That is my only question mark. He played some as a sophmore and did alright but he tends to get shook up and make bad decisions after an INT or a sack. Maybe another year on the bench matured him a little. Even if he sucks, their defense will keep them in games all season. LET THE SMACK BEGIN!!