Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Payment is pending?

I won a coin and paid right away with paypal, this is the first time I got the pending message.

Whats up with that? Something new?

Comments

• Options
    do you have money in your Paypal Account. image
    Actually learning a few things here. What a great site.

My Ebay Sales
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Some people have their paypal account set up so they have to accept a payment. So it say's pending until the person accepts it.
  • Options
    Pending messages occur under a few situations:

If you pay via eCheck, the payment is pending until it is "cleared" through the bank;
    Sometimes the PayPal system is still processing things (I.T. bugaboos) and hasn't updated status yet;
    Issues communicating with the host bank or the transit system.
  • Options
    This just happened to me and didn't realize it till I got a phone card from my credit card company. I hadn't used this one card for about 1/2 year. Then bang, bang, bang, .... 5 purchases on eBay via paypal. My credit card company put a hold on everything until they heard from me to make sure someone hadn't stolen my cc. After I told the cc company that they were my charges they let it all go through.

Jerry
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Either you did an echeck transfer -or- if you use an unconfirmed address and the seller (wisely) as the automatic acceptance turned off, it will show as pending until it is accepted.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    One can also get pending if they have a free Paypal account, and they exceed $1,000.00 in a month selling stuff.
    then they have to decide to either upgrade to the small fee charging Paypal account or refuse the transaction.
  • Options
    If you were a seller that might mean the bidder paid with CC but the seller did not accept.
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file