Home Sports Talk

Bad News Relief Pitchers

Which relief pitcher do you most dread see going into the game for your team? Do you just turn the game off or do you watch them lose?
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    since I am somewhat of an Indians fan (more of a Big Red Machine fan) I really dislike having to see pretty much ANY of their relief pitchers. I believe they have blown 22 games so far.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    In the "old days" it was Jose Mesa for the M's.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    funny vargha..I was just about to say Jose Mesa......for the Phils!!!

JS
  • Could you imagine Bowa having to deal with the Wild Thing aka Mitch Williams??? HE would have had a coronary by now!!!
    looking for Mantle,Munson,Big Klu
  • joker73joker73 Posts: 497
    That's why Jim Fregosi used to chain-smoke in the Phils dugout during games ...
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Billy Koch when he was with the White Sox.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    image Jose Mesa with the TRIBE!! game 7 of the WS in '97.
  • As of yesterday, its Kyle Farnsworth, Francis Beltran, Kent Mercker and Latroy Hawkins. An 8-2 lead just wasnt enough.

I went to the game yesterday and got some sun on my face. The people at work are asking me what I did and I tell them I went to a funeral that 40,000 people attended. Whose? The Cubs of course image.

In the past few years of Cubsdom however, I dont remember anyone worse than Antonio Alfonseca. It got to the point where it was past pathetic and just got kind of sad.

Keith
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Mike i cant get an out f@cking STANTON!!!!

• Mark Wohlers for the Braves that year when he was doing his best Ankiel impression.