PCGS Wooden Prestige Storage Boxes

Get them while you can.....

Got me 2 of em' today!!!

Prestige Storage Boxes

Comments

• I take 2 of 30 coins.
    PM sent.

Edson
  • I would love to hear a review from anyone who has received these boxes. I am really thinking about getting a few. Does the 30 coin box hold the coins just like the 20 coin box (i.e., straight up and down with no slant)?
  • numonebuyer

click in the link. have a good picture there of the two types of box.

Edson

picture of the boxes
  • ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    I'll let you know. They ship today and I'll receive in 3-7 business days I think she said. From what I can tell, they stand straight up.
  • I see the pictures and I like the pictures. However, there is nothing quite like a good testimonial from a satisfied owner to seal the deal.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're nice-looking boxes, but are they good for long-term storage? I've read articles in Coin World that talk about the possible long-term effects of improper storage. Doesn't most wood contain chemicals that can leach out, turn to a gaseous form of sulfuric acid, and damage coins? Are PCGS holders sealed well enough to prevent this? Or perhaps cherrywood is less acidic?

Are there any chemists in the group that can shed some light on this? If there's little chance of harming my coins, I'd like to order some of the boxes, but if they're detrimental, I'll pass.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Good point....I often wonder that myself. I remember I used to worry about this stuff when I kept me raw coins in stapled 2X2's....but now that I have moved on to PCGS slabs....I still find myself wondering if a coin could ever turn from environmental conditions OUTSIDE of the slab. I never brought this up either...because I did not want to sound like a worry wart. Has anyone ever addressed this??? One would think that PCGS would not sell such a case if it had a chance of harming our coins. Plus, didn't they give these away as prizes for some of the top sets in 2004????? Your comments would be appreciated....

Toby
  • They look great, but since I keep my slabs hidden away, I'll stick with PCGS plastic.
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    I just got my boxes. They are very, very nice. They stand up straight, for those confused by the pic. They are excellently packaged and shipped, as well. I am happy. image
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    They are very, very nice

Cool. I'm looking forward to receiving mine this week.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • I have enough coins to buy multiples of the 20-slot or the 30-slot box (six 20's or four 30's to be exact). Per coin, the 20 holder is cheaper ($1.50 per slot) than the 30 holder ($1.67 per slot). Is there an advantage of the 30-slot box over the 20-slot box?
    I don't know, because I don't have the twenty, but the thirty has a real nice pcgs logo in the top. image
    ... and, probably ease of transportation (for the thirties). I know it seems like "reverse marketing" with the larger volume item selling for more "per", than the smaller. I noticed that too, but, I think for most sets, the thirty seems like a more "use-able" product, hence the pricing...
    ... and then there's that all-important, and really cool pcgs logo... image
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Those are nice.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • You can make your own for 10 bucks.
  • Mercurynut

OK, I will take 6 of them. Where do you want me to send the $60?
    Who can make his own? I could but without my workbench and tools, I have a bit of a disadvantage. image
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I love how they have to put an asterix... *coins not included
  • I wonder why they didn't line these with the intercept material ?
    Howie--Always looking to upgrade SBA , MS Eagles & Ikes
    How much would the box cost with an independent asking to use anothers patented product? $85????less/more?
  • A joint effort (between PCGS and Intercept Shield) would probably have worked best.