Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rite aid today

1964 dime
and my bank teller told me she had $10 in pennies that looked interesting . i dont know cause its hand rolled and thats enveer a good sign
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    i guess her hunch was kinda off. all i got in the $10 was a 1944D and 1929 (dirty) hmm and a 1971 S . am i right in saying it wasnt worth the $10? should i stick to bank rolls?
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    I find better stuff in bank wrapped than hand rolled, but then again, I look through MANY more bank wrapped rolls than hand wrapped rolls.
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126

<< <i>am i right in saying it wasnt worth the $10? >>

$10 worth of cents is still worth at least $10
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    J'har
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    In general, you probably would fare better with bank rolls. However, sometimes you can hit the jackpot, so to speak, with hand rolls. Several times I've opened up hand rolls and found all wheats. My best find was an elderly lady who came into the bank where I worked at the time, and turned in almost $25 worth of wheats, hand rolled. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file