Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you think it's worth the 9 dollar shipping charge?

BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
I was tempted to bid, but 9.00 dollars to ship?

39P

Plus tax!
US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Just take it into account of your total bid. If the coin is worth $50 to you bid $41.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    crazyness!!! No I don't think it's worth that to ship unless he wraps it in sheets of money.

imageimage
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was tempted to bid, but 9.00 dollars to ship?

39P

Plus tax! >>

Don't worry about it. If you think the shipping is inflated by $X, reduce your bid by $X. It's the same to you; it's arguably fee avoidance but it eBay doesn't care about it, as a buyer I don't either as long as my net cost is the same.
  • Options
    To me, no! But, that's your ultimate decision!
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Screw it! Don't bid on it. $9.00 is a rip-off.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    9 bucks ?
    WHAT ?
    Robbery !
    its 5.60 priority w/tracking and insurance,give em 2 bucks for the drive to the po and ya get 7.60
    it will go 1st class w/ins for $2.36 and the 2 buck drive or $4.36 and that is more than fair !
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    And from the $2 for the drive subtract the padded envelope, the flip,tape and time to pack it plus the stand in line and the postage is more than fair.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a snack and a drink to go with it on the way to the PO? Let's be fair folks.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    If you can get PCGS 64 1939's for $9.00 I want to know where you shop . I want all the PCGS 64 1939's at $9.00 I can get.

Bring em on!image
  • Options
    image Nah, I think you have this private Honey Hole where you really CAN get em for $9 a piece and you're holdin' out!
  • Options
    i think 9 bucks is a little high !
  • Options
    Bottom line, man....bottom line. As long as the total is in the zone, it doesn't matterimage
  • Options
    upon further review !
    9 bucks is OK if the item is cheap enough to make it worthwhile !

Proof
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 9$ is too much for shipping, BUT, I did just the other day win one of this guys auctions and happily paid the high shipping fee because the coin was one I had been looking for for quite some time and it, imo, was PQ.
  • Options
    The seller got a grand total of, what was it, $31.85 or somewhere in that vicinity for a coin that trends for $70.
    BOY, he's really making a killing. By the time FeeBay and Pay Poot get thru with him, he will have lost money-GUARANTEED!!
    He's just making it hand over fist ....that scammer...that thief! How DARE he? Better have a Red ink pen handy.image

SO YOU WANNA BE A COIN DEALER, EH?. This guy should be reported. He's making way too much profit. Looks like you missed out on a nice coin Bikingnut, but worry not, I'll get this top secret info about his honey hole out of manofcoins!image
  • Options
    The seller got a grand total of, what was it, $31.85 or somewhere in that vicinity for a coin that trends for $70.

But I wonder how many people didn't bid due to the high shipping charge.

• Options
    I have no problem with 9.00 S&H as long as it is clearly stated in the auction. You just figure it into your bid price. Where I do have the problem and I will no longer bid on an auction unless S&H is stated. I won an auction for 1 coin and the seller sent the invoice and S&H was 25.00 I emailed him and said "Isn't that a little high?" and he replied with packing materials and postage plus gas to post office that was the fee and if I didn't like it he would report me as non paying bidder. The coin was a 4 doller coin. It arrived in about 4 days wrapped in a paper towel in a envolope and postage was .77.Live and learn.
    ~Elephants and Rhinos~
    ~I'm ready, I'm ready~
  • Options
    I won an auction for 1 coin and the seller sent the invoice and S&H was 25.00 I emailed him and said "Isn't that a little high?" and he replied with packing materials and postage plus gas to post office that was the fee and if I didn't like it he would report me as non paying bidder.

I think you in turn could have reported the seller to ebay for charging so much. I would have been tempted to leave negative feedback if that happened to me.

I usually pass right on by when I see shipping charges like this. I suspect there are many other potential bidders who also pass by. I watched this one because it was a nice looking coin. I did place a bid for 21.00, maybe I should have gone higher, but I just have a problem with it.

• Options

<< <i>But I wonder how many people didn't bid due to the high shipping charge. >>

I am sure the winning bidder thanks each and every one of them. image
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just take it into account of your total bid. If the coin is worth $50 to you bid $41. >>

Yep, that's exactly what you should do.
    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file