Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has anybody bought from eBay seller "verybear"

I bid on a Dutch auction being held by eBay seller ID "verybear" Anybody know anything about them? I got a odd email from them this morning wanting to know more info on me. I haven't even won anything yet!

Jerry

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bid on a Dutch auction being held by eBay seller ID "verybear" Anybody know anything about them? I got a odd email from them this morning wanting to know more info on me. I haven't even won anything yet!

Jerry >>

Odd anything is a bad sign. You might consider retracting your bid and just walking away from this one.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    he looks ok. but, what kind of info does he want??
    Actually learning a few things here. What a great site.

My Ebay Sales
  • Options

<< <i>he looks ok. but, what kind of info does he want?? >>

"I see you have bid 10 sets from me what is your shipping address and I see you have already bought sets like this so why are you bidding with me and not the other seller? I am very cautious on my auctions. D" This came through the eBay msg system. What's weird is I have already received 2 msg regular email about a question I had on CCs. My wife's and mine eBay ID is nieciagirl* and we have nothing but positives.

*Gee, can anybody guess my wife's first name?

Jerry
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    From his About Me page:
    I always ship what has been paid for. I will not be threated by any person as I am to old to except that and I have lived thru to much. Sept 11th changed all of us, it also changed our Postal Service and delivery. There is only so much I can control, this I can not, therefore threating my life for their delay is a little much. If funds arrive on the 11th and item is shipped on the 14th I think that is pretty good this time of year. I will do everything else in my power to please all bidders.

Guy has pretty good feedback and a lot of it. I think he's a little wacky and didn't do well in English class (is that why he worked for the IRS?), but probably nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    im still not sure i figured out what he was selling !
    i dont think i would ask a bidder for references unless he showed like 5 feedback and 2 negs.

Proof
  • Options
    Well, this beats all. After 2 days of the silent treatment, I cancelled my bid. I sent msgs through the eBay ask seller a question, regular email, and from the ebay msg that he sent. Does anybody have a clue why he didn't want me to buy from him? All I wanted was 10 P & D state quarter sets. Anybody have any for sale?

Thanks, Jerry
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Weird. You have excellent feedback, including buying some very expensive stuff. Certainly no reason for this seller to be skittish.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I would retract my bid.
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Ebay is now being saturated with kooks. I had a guy bail on $1000 worth of cd's, he kept asking where they were, I kept saying he never paid, then he threatened me. He told me he worked for the secret service and someone would visit me. I said, "Great. I spent twelve years in two different branches of the military honing my skills for a day like this." He then apologized and was banned within two weeks.

Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options

<< <i>I always ship what has been paid for. I will not be threated by any person as I am to old to except that and I have lived thru to much. Sept 11th changed all of us, it also changed our Postal Service and delivery. There is only so much I can control, this I can not, therefore threating my life for their delay is a little much. If funds arrive on the 11th and item is shipped on the 14th I think that is pretty good this time of year. I will do everything else in my power to please all bidders. >>

Is it asking too much of people to know how to use the word "too" or "accept"?

In general, there are too many auctions on eBay to deal with sellers that have chips on their shoulders. Walk away, look back and then run.
  • Options
    'He told me he worked for the secret service '

It's no longer a secret if he told you!!
  • Options
    After digging a little deeper into this guy's closet, I found this statement. The guy sure does have an attitude problem. I think you just got him on one of his bad hair days. Personally, I wouldn't buy Jack from this guy.

"WE ARE A SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP AND WE DO WHAT WE LIKE AND IT SHOWS AND WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 40 YEAR"
    Actually learning a few things here. What a great site.

My Ebay Sales
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'd just say I bid because I thought the seller was rational, but changed my mind after I found out otherwise.

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file