Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A preview of a coin I ordered.

I just received an e - mail from David Lawerence that this coin is in the mail. It didn`t come in today like I was hoping. Oh well, early next week.image But, I`m too excited to wait for it to come to share on the forums. I have a raw 1878 - S toner that would go well with this. Not that I`m collecting toned 1878 - S Morgans but, it was too nice to pass up and goes well with my other toner.image I hope to run a scan when I get it and have the time. It was described as:

1878-S $1 PCGS MS64 **Color**

Pretty iridescent rainbow color covering the surfaces. Looks medium grey when level, but the colors pop off the surfaces when the coin is turned. Very pretty with magnificent color. [ 6 **** ]

Comments

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell this coin will look much better in person. I believe the colors will be very nice as well. I bought my first coin off these folks (haven't received it yet as it went to NY and needs to come back) They seem very good to deal with. Very professional, and keep you informed as well as answering questions.

Congratulations on your new purchase.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really want that dirty coin do you? Just forward it to me.
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446

<< <i>You don't really want that dirty coin do you? Just forward it to me. >>

DOH!!! imageimage

Yeah stman, they have been good to me too in that way. I even had the priviledge of e - mailing and having David Lawerence himself answer a few of my questions a few months before he died. It was just a few nit - wit novice questions I asked and I was blown away that the president of the firm took the time to answer. That`s about when I decided that they where a firm I wanted to deal with. Nothing earth shattering expensive or rare but, I`m pleased with the material and service I`ve received from them in the last 4 years.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    John and Jack are some good folks! They'll treat you right!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file