I hate NTC

Does this looked cleaned to anyone elese?NTC MS 67image

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Nu-mistrust

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    You can always tell the lower-tier slabs because their descriptions say "certified" without mentioning it by name. You'd never see a PCGS or NGC coin listed as merely "certified."

As I recall from a recent thread here, an NTC MS-69 Washington quarter reslabbed at PCGS at MS-64. And the funny thing is, it probably *still* gained market value.

I hope their reserve is nowhere near the $1800 they've highlighted...
  • Options
    Not cleaned in the harsh, whizzing easy to spot way. But the coin is certainly overdipped. It's original skin is gone! No better than an ms63 or 64 depending on how much luster is left. JMHO. image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I thought HRH was going to do something about sellers of bottom feeding slabs using the PCGS price guide.

Get this line in the auction description:

An 1881-S sold for $2,405.00 right here on Ebay last week. As stated, this coin is certified by Numistrust, the standard in rare coin grading.

This borders on fraud in my opinion.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the comment by the seller, "As stated, this coin is certified by Numistrust, the standard in rare coin grading". Bawhahahahaha

I also dislike the fact that the seller uses an image from the PCGS pricing guide. That ought to be pursued and stopped by PCGS. Unfortunately the auction ends tonight....

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I find NTC's grading standards to be somewhat less than acceptable.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    If New Mistrust Corporation is the standard in rare coin grading, then PCGS must be The Great One, and the seller must traffic in some very powerful narcotics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file